Talk

Advanced search

Uniqlo and Dry Cleaning

(10 Posts)
Babysbreath Sat 19-Oct-13 14:06:51

I've bought a couple of Uniqlo jumpers and after wearing them I notice that they are dry clean only. I really don't want to have to pay for dry cleaning, so I'm going to wash them on a hand wash cycle. Has anyone else been successful washing their jumpers instead of dry cleaning?

dexter73 Sat 19-Oct-13 14:40:20

I have some merino jumpers from Uniqlo and I wash them in the machine on a wool wash even though they say dry clean only. They come out absolutely fine.

mirpuppet Sat 19-Oct-13 15:06:27

I wash mine & they are fine.

Pandsbear Sat 19-Oct-13 16:14:35

I hand wash mine (the dry clean only ones) and they are fine too.

Missbopeep Sat 19-Oct-13 17:17:44

What are they made from? You can wash any kind of wool or cashmere on 30C or a cold wash, no problem.

Flo56 Sat 19-Oct-13 17:20:52

I wash all mine (cashmere and merino) on a wool cycle with no problems. Are there really people who dry clean everyday knitwear??

Missbopeep Sat 19-Oct-13 17:22:40

I think some manufacturers say DC to protect themselves if people ruin the clothes by washing. I've never heard of anyone dry cleaning knitwear.

Twinklestein Sat 19-Oct-13 17:25:33

I handwash all my knitwear and I've not had a problem. I've not had the courage to put them in the machine.

I wash mine with Woolite, lay them out flat on towel, and then roll the towel, which gets rid of the excess water, and dry flat.

Babysbreath Sat 19-Oct-13 19:45:47

Thanks for your replies, I will either put on a hand wash or wool cycles- like you have all said.

Butlerz Fri 12-Feb-16 20:27:09

You wouldn't really DC cheaper knitwear as a gentle cool wash is generally ok. Items of higher value (cashmere) are worth DC as the garment won't lose its shape or shrink that way and always look fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now