Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I went on holiday and realised that I needed a beach dress. Can you help me find one for next year?

(5 Posts)
BranchingOut Wed 31-Jul-13 20:56:09

I went on a beach/resort holiday and realised that I was lacking something to wear that wasn't quite ordinary summer clothes - more of a beach dress or fancy kaftan.

I had tunics, but they were more suitable for wearing with trousers.

Has anyone spotted good beach dresses in the sales? I am 38, size 12 and a bit bottom-heavy so like something with a waist that flairs out a bit. Look good in pink, red, purple, white, green and patterns of those colours. If there are any bargains out there I would be interested!

Thanks for any ideas.

evertonmint Wed 31-Jul-13 22:05:27

I don't like kaftans or floaty beachwear on me so have quite a few things now. I've had luck at ASOS and Accessorize this year, and have 2 older Dorothy Perkins dresses which are fantastic as beach/pool cover ups. They aren't beachwear as such - just very light, simple dresses that work well over bikinis for beachwear. One is thin jersey, and the other is a very light cotton. Look in dresses online and sort by price - often the lowest priced dresses can be quite simple and suitable for beachwear.

TheWoollybacksWife Wed 31-Jul-13 22:13:27

I bought this year's cover ups at TK Maxx and H&M. The one from TK Maxx was in a paisley pattern in the colours you want and the H&M ones were plain colours in very thin jersey.

MsFlippingHeck Wed 31-Jul-13 23:21:08

debenhams I had this one and wore it every day by the pool. It's still in stock in the black.

BranchingOut Thu 01-Aug-13 07:25:26

Thanks, I will take a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now