Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find this dress (and save my marriage...)

(12 Posts)
BlameItOnTheBogey Sat 27-Jul-13 00:09:45

Before I start, I have PMT. I am not AT ALL rational today.

I have a brilliant dress. It is my pride and joy. It doesn't look anything special off but it really, really fits me when it is on. It's great for work and it works for evening events too. I only bought it recently and all in all it is the perfect dress for me.

I asked DH to take it to the dry cleaners when he was dropping his suits off. I saw him leave with the clothes in the boot of the car. Then he stopped got out and reclosed the boot. Then he did it again, giving it a good slam. Note to DH: if the boot isn't closing, it's likely to be because there is something blocking it. The solution is to move the item and not try and force the boot to close over it. The result is that the dress is ripped in 3 places and the repair shop says there is no way to rescue it. I have a whole capsule wardrobe - and this dress is a KEY part of it. PLEASE, please can you help me try and find it in a size 8. I've looked everywhere and I can find a 6 or a 10 but no 8's anywhere. But I know mumsnet is magic and that you can work wonders. I promise a large glass of wine to anyone who can help.

The dress in question is the LK Bennett Allina dress. Link here

Thank you!!!

NomDeOrdinateur Sat 27-Jul-13 01:17:10

Bad luck sad. I'd buy a 10 while it's still available, and get it taken in professionally. That way, it'll probably fit you even better than the original and remove the risk of ending up without a dress.

Rummikub Sat 27-Jul-13 01:25:04

It says 1 size 8 left on that link...

Rummikub Sat 27-Jul-13 01:26:11

Oh us 8. Sorry.

BlameItOnTheBogey Sat 27-Jul-13 01:26:37

Thanks both for looking. Sorry should have mentioned that the link is to a US site and so the size 8 is actually a 12. I'd need a 4 from that site but an 8 from UK sites....

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Sat 27-Jul-13 05:12:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sedgieloo Sat 27-Jul-13 12:05:59

Email lk bennett via their uk website. If another store has it. They will post it. They charge loads for posting in this situation but still. This was my experience just a few weeks ago.

BlameItOnTheBogey Sat 27-Jul-13 13:02:15

Thanks Angus - have asked everyone I know whether they have plans to go through heathrow but no luck!

Sedgie - that's great to know. I emailed them with my tale of woe last night so fingers crossed that they can track it down....

primallass Sat 27-Jul-13 13:55:34

Book a cheap flight through Heathrow?

bishboschone Sat 27-Jul-13 14:44:00

Call the heathrow store ..they may be able to sell it to you non tax free. I'm my experience high end high street stores are very helpful and I'm sure thy will find you one.

CommanderShepard Sat 27-Jul-13 22:05:32

Are you anywhere near Bicester Village? Would they be able to help?

I am going through Heathrow this week, as it happens, but T5 sad

CeliaFate Sun 28-Jul-13 10:19:48

I'd tweet them as well. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now