Becoming a Bombshell?

(13 Posts)
herecomesthsun Sat 20-Jul-13 04:28:24

I have PCOS. I would really really recommend low carbing - I wish I had known about it in my 20s. I did it to reduce the diabetes risk but losing in total 3 stone in recent years has certainly helped me bring out the inner (now rather more mature) bombshell. I think getting a handle on the weight is liable also to help with the hormonal side effects. Oh and metformin was really helpful re improving fertility.

Beaverfeaver Fri 19-Jul-13 23:19:40

I know plenty of ladies who might not be seen as slim (they are size 16+), who are bombshells.

The have excellent hair and make up. And wear fitted clothes that suit their curves rather than big clothes that cover up everything.

Men swoon over them.

I often ask where they buy their clothes and the answer is often new look!

The are gorgeous

Nagoo Fri 19-Jul-13 22:48:36

fifties dresses? lovely

nail varnish, hair done and don't leave the house without your lipstick and eyeliner?

suchawimp Fri 19-Jul-13 22:42:41

While I am from Yorkshire I am thinking more Marilyn or (a young) Elizabeth Taylor rather that northern barmaid!!

SofaCanary Fri 19-Jul-13 22:15:56

Yeah, be careful you don't end up looking burlesque/northern barmaid.

SnoopyLovesYou Fri 19-Jul-13 22:15:19

Just be who you are and treat yourself well. And yes think nicer things about yourself! The bombshell inside will emerge by herself.

InMyShreddies Fri 19-Jul-13 22:12:03

Fine line between bombshell and tart I think! Tread with care on this path...

Vibbe Fri 19-Jul-13 22:08:39

Red lipstick, mascara and red nails.

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Fri 19-Jul-13 21:58:41

Got to be lovely painted nails and matching underwear for me looks at scraggy nails and mismatching supermarket undies

I love those shoes!

QueenofLouisiana Fri 19-Jul-13 21:52:34

What?? Thanks to auto correct that last sentence makes no sense! Meant to say something about people with better ideas than me being along soon...

QueenofLouisiana Fri 19-Jul-13 21:51:00

Perhaps start with the little touches? Pretty shoes, beautiful bags, make sure you always have a (beautifully packaged) lipstick and face powder to hand.
I have discovered Ruby Shoo as a not very expensive source of heels that people always notice.

I am shamelessly marking my space so hat when so ego weigh better ideas arrives I can steal them. I would also love to be a bit more bombshell!

DearPrudence Fri 19-Jul-13 21:48:04

You could start by using nicer words about yourself. I mean that kindly!

suchawimp Fri 19-Jul-13 21:21:17

How?!

I want to be glamorous and charming and ladylike and feminine.

I am currently fat, hairy (thanks PCOS), and a lumpy frump of a creature.

'"The bombshell is a compelling bundle or contradictions, a combustible blend of confidence and vulnerability, cheek and naivety" says image expert Laren Stover, author of The Bombshell Manual of Style. A bona fide Bombshell is the perfect blend of sophistication and 50s postcard sauce - she''ll read Jane Austen in the bathtub, a Babycham by her side, and listen to Frank Sinatra on the balcony clad in a babydoll nightdress."'

A bit of a Marilyn Monroe / Giselle from Enchanted / Doris Day mixture.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now