Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How long do smooth armpits after a wax last?

(8 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 19-Jul-13 11:07:42

(Hmm, probably not the best grammar)

But basically.
I wax my pits (hot wax- cold strips are useless for me)
All is good and the hairs come right out (and TMI they have the little 'lumpy' bit on the end that was under the skin)

I did them 2 weeks ago. Today DS comments about my underarms hair blush

I did read (or did I dream) that it's meant to give 6 weeks of smooth skin.
(Six weeks - a pipe dream)

Jemster Fri 19-Jul-13 11:26:52

Out of interest do you do this yourself? I have to wax as shaving causes me to get abcesses but it is costing me a bloody fortune as well being a pain having to wait for hairs to be a certain length before doing it again.

TooTiredToBeCreative Fri 19-Jul-13 11:30:21

Only a week max for me but have course dark hair, friends who are fairer may get 3-4 weeks. I can't wax myself as hairs won't budge with home kits and have given upon salon as a weekly wax too expensive so have gone back to shaving.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 19-Jul-13 12:13:49

Yes, I'm a DIY waxer Jemster.
I've been waxing for years off and on (less in winter TBH - lazy really- but I don't find shaving effective either )

IMO if the hairs come out with the little 'hair bulb' part then it's the same as I'd get at a salon. I know I'm not snapping the hairs off, they are out.
I do exfoliate, dry, powder , wax in the 'right' direction.

I let the hairs grow longer sometimes (when I can cover up) then hopefully they are at the same growth phase .
Still get maybe 2 weeks, no more.

<<sigh>>

Jemster Fri 19-Jul-13 12:33:22

So what product do you use to do DIY hot wax? I've seen the strips for sale but didn't fancy trying myself as thought I'd make a right mess of it!!

BlueSkySunnyDay Fri 19-Jul-13 12:37:35

Wow you have my admiration, I put wax on my legs once and was then too much of wimp to pull it off again.

LJC82 Fri 19-Jul-13 15:49:00

Hair grows through in different stages. The first time that you wax will take out a group of hairs which won't grow back for 3-4 weeks but it's the second group of hairs that you're noticing 2 weeks in. This is often a result of shaving for years. I epilate which pulls hair out at the root as well & I get about 2 weeks before I have to do it again. To be honest it takes seconds now, I've been doing it so long that they grow back through sparse & thin. Persevere & it will get better, it's still better than stubble & shaving every 4 days!

Janek Fri 19-Jul-13 16:00:43

I second what ljc82 said - it lasts much longer if you leave it a bit longer between waxes. I just left it 3 weeks because we re going on hol and there was hair nearly straight away, normally i have two weeks hair-free and another with just stubble before it gets serious. I usually try to leave it five weeks as six is horrific!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now