Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

The nitty-gritty on elbow lightening?

(15 Posts)
OfCourseOfCourse Thu 18-Jul-13 22:47:56

Is there a method? I've heard random things about lemon juice for bleaching, exfoliating, moisturising, but can anyone share what method actually worked for them?

For the past two days I have been resting my elbows in lemon halves as I work but they don't seem to be getting lighter!

AnythingNotEverything Thu 18-Jul-13 22:50:51

Is this a thing now?

TallulahBetty Thu 18-Jul-13 23:27:28

This is a thing? Intrigued.

OfCourseOfCourse Thu 18-Jul-13 23:29:28

I don't know if it's a 'thing' but the skin on my elbows is quite dark and I want to lighten it. smile

InMyShreddies Thu 18-Jul-13 23:32:24

confused Why do you want to lighten your elbows? Are you Caucasian?

OfCourseOfCourse Thu 18-Jul-13 23:48:28

Yes Shreddies I want the skin on my elbows to be the same colour as the rest of my arms.

I can't be the only person on MN with this issue! blush

Cydonia Fri 19-Jul-13 01:22:07

I have this problem but with my knees, each knee has two circles of brown, dry and wrinkly skin which make me look either dirty or bruised. To the extent that someone did ask me the other day what I'd done, thinking I had fallen over or something. It's really unsightly sad
I have just started with the lemon juice today, plus exfoliating and moisturising in earnest, but I'm not holding out much hope. Would also be interested to learn of any success!

Wuldric Fri 19-Jul-13 01:27:40

Elbow lightening now?

Dear god, if I were to start worrying about my elbows (and knees) I would be going slowly and surely mad.

MarcelineTheVampireQueen Fri 19-Jul-13 01:44:37

Is this like bleaching your starfish? Cos honestly it sounds just as ridiculous. .

Ive enough trouble brushing my face in the morning nevrr mind lemoning me elbows. .

dexter73 Fri 19-Jul-13 07:18:02

How do you even know what colour your elbows are?!! I have to contort myself just to get a brief glimpse!!

kelda Fri 19-Jul-13 07:24:49

It's normal to have darkened skin/dry skin on elbows and knees.

It's the influence of airbrushing that makes people think it's not normal.

InMyShreddies Fri 19-Jul-13 09:38:58

Apparently is is a thing - any good OP?

Cluffyflump Fri 19-Jul-13 09:45:14

Ive enough trouble brushing my face in the morning nevrr mind lemoning me elbows.
Fuck.
Is brushing ones face a 'thing' now?
I haven't even looked at my elbows lately.

MarcelineTheVampireQueen Fri 19-Jul-13 10:15:02

God cluffy that should have been washing the face. See the difficulties I have with sentences never mind elbows! ! [Grin]

kelda Fri 19-Jul-13 12:26:12

grin at face brushing and the reaction to it. Maybe we should start a new trend

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: