Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Urgent interview outfit advice please.

(9 Posts)
Judyandherdreamofhorses Tue 16-Jul-13 17:43:25

I have a teaching interview tomorrow (primary).
My interview dress was due to be this

dove dress

However, it is obviously going to be boiling tomorrow.

My friend has lent me a sleeveless (but not strappy) wrap dress, navy with small brown spots. But I'm concerned about the sleevelessness. Armpits, shoulders.

Should I just go with the dove dress, which does fit well, and swelter? Will I look foolish with sleeves?

It's morning only, so I'm kidding myself it won't be too baking...

OneLittleLady Tue 16-Jul-13 17:45:06

I'd go for the sleeveless dress as long as it's not overly revealing and just pop a small cardi on that can be taken off if/when appropriate.

Gingerandcocoa Tue 16-Jul-13 17:45:45

I don't see any problem with a sleeveless dress, particularly in this heat! And I work in an environment that is very conservative...

trinity0097 Tue 16-Jul-13 18:00:55

Sleeveless with either a smart cardi or jacket for when you arrive and perhaps the formal sit down interview, but take off to teach.

anothernamechangerreally Tue 16-Jul-13 18:03:36

I bought and wore the dove dress for my primary teaching interview last month...I got the job and compliments from the panel on my dress!!

But in this weather I would go sleeveless too, you don't want to be sweltering in sleeves in this weather!

Good luck!

northernlurker Tue 16-Jul-13 18:06:29

Your friends dress sounds smart and appropriate. Wear that.

Judyandherdreamofhorses Tue 16-Jul-13 18:07:14

I don't have a smart cardigan or jacket (except a thick wool blazer - black).

So it's sleeveless (with shaven armpits!) or long sleeved. DH thinks sleeveless. But I like the fit of the dove dress a lot better...

anothernamechangerreally Tue 16-Jul-13 18:11:50

What were you going to wear with the dove dress? Shoes/tights? I had to wear a cami under mine, but if you don't and go tightless it would probably be ok.

Judyandherdreamofhorses Tue 16-Jul-13 18:48:19

I've got nude/tan shoes. They go better with the sleeveless dress actually. And I feel the need for tights (yuck) as my legs aren't up to much.

I think it's going to be the sleeveless one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now