Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Need to start dying to cover the grey - can anyone recommend a good, cruelty free product?

(5 Posts)
themothership Tue 06-Jun-06 21:13:17

I can't avoid it any further... I'm going back to work in less than two weeks after a blissful year at home with dd, during which I stopped wearing make-up and cutting out the nasty wiry grey hairs. It's all been very liberating, but frizzy, wiry white hairs against my dark mane isn't such a good look.

I don't want to use anything that's been tested on animals, the more natural the better. Henna isn't strong enough, so it does need to be proper dye. Anyone got any suggestions?

FrannyandZooey Tue 06-Jun-06 21:19:13

I don't know about animal testing but I always see these in a catalogue I use. Can't recommend them or otherwise but something for you to investigate maybe?

Rian Tue 06-Jun-06 21:21:49

a friend recommended to me a product called naturtint which you can find in health food shops. It comes in all the usual colours and I would say it seems just as good as l'oreal, clairol etc, leaves my hair nice and shiny and covers the grey!

Rian Tue 06-Jun-06 21:21:51

a friend recommended to me a product called naturtint which you can find in health food shops. It comes in all the usual colours and I would say it seems just as good as l'oreal, clairol etc, leaves my hair nice and shiny and covers the grey!

Ulysees Tue 06-Jun-06 21:21:52

I bought one in our local health shop, it's called herbatint but I don't know if it's cruelty free? It's a herbal hair colourant that covers grey though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: