Advanced search

Is everyone doing push eyeliner now?

(57 Posts)
Keztrel Sun 14-Jul-13 21:50:50

I've only just heard of it. What's so good about it? Does it make your eyes look as big as they do with a thick, slightly flicked line on the top lashes like I normally do?

Keztrel Wed 17-Jul-13 10:49:56

I know what you mean about crappy brushes MrsLettuce. I think the Body Shop ones are really good (not sure if they have a push brush). The brush I'm using is from Ruby and Millie and at least 10 years old, and was about £8. It's the same shape and size as the Mac one but the bristles are slightly longer - it's still v stiff and works for pushing. I think as long as you have a brush that's the right shape and the bristles feel good, not too fluffy or plasticky or soft, you'll be fine whether it cost £2 or £25.

Am liking the push liner a bit more today, but then I'm having a good skin day and look less tired overall, so that might be why.

MrsLettuce Wed 17-Jul-13 11:03:05

Have you tried adding a slim line of normal liner as well as teh push thing? Very nice indeed.

Keztrel Wed 17-Jul-13 11:08:05

No I haven't, will do that tomorrow MrsLettuce - you are my make up guru at the moment! grin

Vibbe Wed 17-Jul-13 11:18:01

I use the MAC 212 brush, and it's very good. I haven't tried other brushes in the same shape, so I have nothing to compare with. But the 212 keeps its shape after many washes and is stiff enough to work with, but not so stiff that it's uncomfortable.

Personally, I can't use an angled brush (I have MAC 263) to push the colour into the lashes. I can draw a line along the lashes with the brush and do a wing, but it's not the same as pushing the colour into the lashes.

Pompbear Wed 17-Jul-13 20:42:38

I just tried it and I love it!! Peacocks have a brow kit for £5 - I used the black colour for my eyeliner. The brow colours and brushes ate OK too - a nice bargain! Quality wise its similarto my bodyshop brow kit - the peacocks one has morecolours too

KirjavaTheCat Wed 17-Jul-13 20:50:42

There's a name for this? I've been doing it for years! Ooh I'm never ahead of the trends. <proud>

garlicagain Wed 17-Jul-13 21:07:53

Nice find, Pomp!

MrsL, those flat-ended, flat-sided brushes are called stippling brushes by artists. If you have a art shop handy, go in and examine the brushes! You can pick the exact size & depth you want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now