Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Growing out a fringe

(8 Posts)
Yonihadtoask Wed 10-Jul-13 09:25:09

Any tips on how to style it?

I have my hair in a below chin length bob, with a fringe. I want to grow out the fringe -it is in my eyes now if I blow dry it flat.

Have been clipping to the side- but have a couple of events to attend soon- and need to look slightly less homely grin

HeyMicky Wed 10-Jul-13 09:27:09

I'm doing the same. I currently have mine back-combed into a quiff. I also braid the front section across my hairline which is pretty and keeps it out of my eyes.

Yonihadtoask Wed 10-Jul-13 09:39:22

Thanks

I will try the back combing today. I used to do that years ago! Will see if I still have the knack smile

Limoncellolovely Wed 10-Jul-13 14:09:49

Second the backcombing or i have a very narrow headband which looks like plaited hair i use to hold it back I did find changing my hair into a side parting and getting my hairdresser to blend in some layers helped make the experience a little less annoying.

Keztrel Wed 10-Jul-13 14:20:07

Is your hair straight? If so ignore this... My hair is very wavy so what I do when I want to grow my fringe out is let the sides of the fringe grown longer than the middle, then I can push the whole fringe to one side so it looks like a side fringe and eventually blends in with the rest of my hair. But it helps if its wavy cos you can't see the different lengths so easily, and you hair stays where you push it.

Not sure this makes any sense!?

Yonihadtoask Wed 10-Jul-13 16:49:20

Straight hair, so can't try that one.

I wear headbamds around the house, but tend not to out and about. Have seen the plait ones though, they may work.

cafenoir Wed 10-Jul-13 18:52:40

I can't do links but I do mine like on the video titled
'Twisted braid in bangs - EASY!' by Jowee86

I've been doing this in mine ever since I found it and it really is simple and looks pretty.

cafenoir Wed 10-Jul-13 18:52:57

Sorry forgot to say YouTube video!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now