Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I'm over a size 14, so what tops, trousers should I be wearing to stay cool this summer?

(9 Posts)
grumpyfrumpy Mon 05-Jun-06 12:42:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LucyJones Mon 05-Jun-06 12:45:10

I find anything that fits properly looks fine. So properly fitting jeans, 3/4 length trousers, linen skirts, T-shirts with a bit of a sleeve if you don't like your arms all look fine. It just about wearing what suits you rather than cramming yourself into teeny shorts and vest tops

grumpyfrumpy Mon 05-Jun-06 12:47:53

LadyTambaOfTambaTown Mon 05-Jun-06 12:51:40

Wear whatever you are comfortable in and sod everyone else

leander Mon 05-Jun-06 12:56:34

You should wear whatever you want and sod everyone else.I hated that thread on what not to wear, its nobody elses business and i am sure no-one looks perfect all the time. xx

spacedonkey Mon 05-Jun-06 12:57:45

this year I have decided that my bingo wings shall be a-flappin' for all to see this summer

if people are sad enough to notice then more fool them :-S

brimfull Mon 05-Jun-06 13:06:12

my summer uniform (size 18) is linen bias cut skirts and t-shirts ,and cropped jeans and whatever on top.I look dire in shorts,but I have a friend who is same size and she looks great in shorts so there are no hard and fast rules imo.

grumpyfrumpy Tue 06-Jun-06 07:29:32

bluejelly Tue 06-Jun-06 08:32:12

What about a kimono style short sleeve wrap over top or something with a v neck?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: