Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

could you please help me find.......

(19 Posts)
nailpolish Mon 05-Jun-06 08:46:42

green or blue closed-toe wedges?

not too casual

would prefer not to have an ankle strap (i have short legs and dont want them to look shorter (although i have a slim ankle)

dont mind a small peep toe

would consider non-wedges if heel is not too high

thanks!

nailpolish Mon 05-Jun-06 08:47:31

oh and need them for wednesday morning

job interview

nailpolish Mon 05-Jun-06 09:23:46

bump

Coolmama Mon 05-Jun-06 09:26:47

Hobbs, maybe?

nailpolish Mon 05-Jun-06 09:29:36

i wish! we dont have a Hobbs round here (do they do mail order next day delivery?)

Coolmama Mon 05-Jun-06 09:42:20

ni idea, but maybe they have a site which could help. sorry I couldn't be more helpful and good luck with the interview.

TinyGang Mon 05-Jun-06 10:07:11

Here

Faith

Ebay

I'm supposed to be tidying but would rather go shopping.

TinyGang Mon 05-Jun-06 10:15:45

I love these but not the right colour.

nailpolish Mon 05-Jun-06 10:20:46

hi tiny, the faith ones are perfect! also love the viva ones, the other 2 are a bit heavy looking for the skirt im wearing

there are faith shoes in debenhams and TS i think here, i shall have a look

thanks

nailpolish Mon 05-Jun-06 10:21:26

i LOVE the faith ones in red, love red shoes

TinyGang Mon 05-Jun-06 10:33:59

Hooray! Hope you can get hold of them. Ikwym about red shoes, there's just something about them.

Lots of luck with the interview!

nailpolish Mon 05-Jun-06 12:15:18

bump

any more?

Fimbo Mon 05-Jun-06 12:35:27

Fab Shoes . Cod and PPH have these in red, but the green is lovely.

nailpolish Mon 05-Jun-06 13:41:24

hi fimbo

these are nice shoes, but i still think they are a bit heavy for the skirt i am wearing

maybe its the wedge, maybe heels would be less heavy looking? i just wanted wedges as they are more comfortable and hopefully if i do get the job i would be wearing them to work (where i will be on my feet all the time)

the slingbacks linked earlier are less heavy looking, i am going up the town tomorrow so hopefully i can find somewhere that stocks them!

thanks anyway

Fimbo Mon 05-Jun-06 13:42:47

Oh tell us more - whats the job?

nailpolish Mon 05-Jun-06 13:44:55

uch you will probably think it sounds crap

its a phlebotomist, 3 hrs saturday and 3 hrs sunday morning

(you know i dont want to go back to nursing?)

Fimbo Mon 05-Jun-06 13:54:22

We have one in our Doc's surgery -she's crap, it's always blxxdy sore when she drawns the blood off.

Good luck. The hours are ok, saves you working in the evening anyway. <<Fimbo scratches head presuming NP still works in the pub>>>

nailpolish Mon 05-Jun-06 13:56:46

no i gave up the pub, the high priestess bitch from hell worked there, it wasnt worth £5 an hr

plus they kept asking me to work weekdays, when i told them it was impossible due to lack of childcare etc (and they had told me at the interview "its not a problem"}

i like the hours of this job, plus taking bloods was one part of nursing i liked (maybe cos im damn hot at it )

Fimbo Mon 05-Jun-06 14:02:24

Just tell them "your shit hot" at the interview then.

Will try to MSN you on Wednesday to find out how it went.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: