Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

will I look like a boy scout?!

(8 Posts)
littlelamb Sun 04-Jun-06 20:28:24

I ADORE the city shorts I bought toady, but now I have a dilemma! They are a kind of dark beige colour, and the only things in my wardrobe that go with them are white fitted t shirts, which is fine. But I'd like to wear a belt as well, and I have some nice brown leather ones. I want you to picture this outfit in your head. Do I conjure up an image of Arkela?! I am fairly curvy, but I have very short hair and I dont want to look silly

motherinferior Sun 04-Jun-06 20:52:34

It does sound a little Sensible to me.

littlelamb Sun 04-Jun-06 20:55:30

what do you think I should wear on top then? Bearing in mind that I am 22 but I dont really like anything too fussy, which is why I thought a white t shirt would be ok.

zoeuk1 Sun 04-Jun-06 21:02:36

you could try a different colour tshirt. turquoise goes really well with beige.

MrsBadger Sun 04-Jun-06 21:06:25

try white shirt rather than tee and unbutton to flash norks and lessen risk of Scouting look? Also wearing wedges or ballet pumps rather than Birkie types or (heaven forbid) trainers will keep look feminine, ditto long earrings, scarf-as-headband, good handbag etc.

littlelamb Sun 04-Jun-06 21:10:30

oo i have a few nice nork revealing turqoise t shirts so will give that a go. MrsBadger, I adore long earrings but since I got my haircut I feel a bit silly wearing them. My hair is quite closely cropped, and I think it just looks a bit odd. I do have some nice wedges though, and a VAST collection of handbags

motherinferior Sun 04-Jun-06 21:11:37

Norks will definitely lessen the boy scout look. They tend not to have norks, and any Arkela with any sense keeps hers under wraps.

littlelamb Sun 04-Jun-06 21:12:05

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: