Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Long stretchy vests for layering?

(22 Posts)
fishoutofchlorinatedwater Thu 04-Jul-13 08:48:57

Any recommendations? Looking for long, thickish, very stretchy vests that I can layer (e.g. with skinny jeans and a boxy jumper / T). Neutral colours. I have lots and lots of vests but they very quickly go baggy and look awful.

poorbuthappy Thu 04-Jul-13 08:52:02

Primark. The ones with the adjustable straps. I go up 1 size for extra length.

Rattitude Thu 04-Jul-13 08:55:46

I got some excellent super long ones from Dunnes in black, grey and flesh colour. They cost £6 each.

fishoutofchlorinatedwater Thu 04-Jul-13 09:04:22

Thanks both of you, haven't tried either of those yet.

shoeprincess2 Thu 04-Jul-13 09:22:40

H & M without a shadwo of a doubt. Long, thick and wash well. £7.99 each I think. In fact, they are so long and stretchy, I wore them through pregnancy.

fishoutofchlorinatedwater Thu 04-Jul-13 09:31:29

Thanks shoe. Yes, I am sill wearing my preg/ b feeding vests now as they are the best ones I've found so that's definitely the type of thing I'm after.

JennySense Thu 04-Jul-13 09:34:38

I've bought a few from Gap this season.

Loupee Thu 04-Jul-13 09:35:58

I swear by the ones out of Costco. I also wore them throughout pregnancy and breast feeding, still going strong. Also have adjustable straps and are lovely and long, think they are around £12 for a pack of two.

InMySpareTime Thu 04-Jul-13 09:39:26

Dorothy Perkins ones are long, and have decent width straps, good for layering but wear a bra that's not too patterned as the pattern shows through in some colours.

velvetysquirrel Thu 04-Jul-13 09:44:01

I second the Primark vests, they are long and come in a variety of colours.

Damnautocorrect Thu 04-Jul-13 09:57:04

I've got the h and m ones

mewkins Thu 04-Jul-13 10:00:14

I like the h and m ones. On the website they are listed as dresses (can't imagine who would wear them as dresses!) But are bum covering length. Esprit.co.uk also do lovely ones for 12 quid - listed as long vests. Make sure you get the ones with elastane.

RibenaFiend Thu 04-Jul-13 10:18:50

New Look for me. I have rather large boobs and am 5ft 8 and they cover everything they need to and they wash well. Some of mine are listed as "dresses" too... No bloody way I'd wear them as one however!!!

Fisharefriendsnotfood Thu 04-Jul-13 10:43:42

Sainsburys do really long ones smile

WannaSplitAPineapple Thu 04-Jul-13 10:49:54

I agree with primark. I wore mine through my pregnancy as they were so long and even after I can still wear them as they have held their shape. As a previous poster said make sure you get the ones with the adjustable straps as the others are crap.

WallyBantersYoniBox Thu 04-Jul-13 11:00:36

Yes to Hennes (I even bought a maternity one the other day in a smaller size for the length!). They also do a scoop necked short sleeved version which is nice too.

I have bought a few Primark ones and I layer them under a tight vest top for the gym so that it doesn't ride up or down exposing boobs and belly as I am trapped on the cross trainer. The only issues I've had with a few are the straps falling off as the little plastic ring bends. Probably because they aren't meant for workouts though TBH! The colours are nice and they have washed extremely well so I am hoping to pick up a few more next time I am in the UK.

Pandsbear Thu 04-Jul-13 13:09:23

H&M here too!

carrie74 Thu 04-Jul-13 13:11:55

Another Primark vote. I bought a load of white (adjustable strap) vests last summer and have worn them all year and still going strong. Not bad for £2.50.

MsInterpret Thu 04-Jul-13 13:15:05

I really like Zara ones. They are smooth, not cotton almost shiny, could dress up to be smart type but equally good under tops and v stretchy. I have black, white and cream and wear them most days. Wash well too. £7.99 so comparable price.

MelanieCheeks Thu 04-Jul-13 21:26:31

I have the gok wan ones from sainsburys

HappyGirlNow Thu 04-Jul-13 21:45:49

Primark definitely..

fishoutofchlorinatedwater Thu 04-Jul-13 22:04:14

Thanks for all of the replies. Off vest shopping tomorrow so the will get a few from different recommended shops and road test them all. Looking forward to my baggy vest days being over!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now