Talk

Advanced search

Cotton UV protection swimsuit for older than 4yrs

(6 Posts)
OhIDoLikeToBeBeside Mon 01-Jul-13 12:10:17

I am not sure this is the right board (not exactly 'style') but I hope your eagle eyes might have spotted something to help me. My DS has eczema so non-natural fibres cause a v bad reaction. AND he is a redhead with v pale skin. AND he is a waterbaby so loves going in outside pool / sea.

So far he has been fine in a cotton UV all-in-one from JoJoMamanBebe, plus hat and suncream on hands/feet. But he is now in the largest size, and I cannot find any cotton suits larger than 4-5yrs.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

OhIDoLikeToBeBeside Fri 28-Mar-14 21:47:18

Bump?

BlueSkySunnyDay Fri 28-Mar-14 21:49:24

I think generally they are called "rash vests" I have a pale/gingerish 11 year old who still chooses to wear them. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, they are generally synthetic fabric though.

ManicMinor Fri 28-Mar-14 21:55:32

Closest I've found (as I've also been looking) is Sposh Ozone here - poly cotton, and soft.

BlueSkySunnyDay Fri 28-Mar-14 22:12:31

Im guessing they are generally a synthetic fabric as it needs to be really tightly woven - may be talking bullshit but that seems logical to me grin

I hope you find something, ive had a nightmare over the years trying to find them for my son as he got older luckily it does seem to be getting easier as so many surf places in the UK do them now too....probably just as he stops wearing them.

OhIDoLikeToBeBeside Sun 30-Mar-14 22:10:53

Thank you blue, and manic you are a STAR - polycotton not synthetic. So much googling didn't find it. All hail Mumsnet smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now