Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What summer outfits to wear that go with hideous legs???

(11 Posts)
morningpaper Fri 02-Jun-06 12:25:03

They are short
They are chubby
They are covered in bruises from falling over toys etc.

Waht should I WEAR now it's HOT?

YellowFeathers Fri 02-Jun-06 12:26:51

Some well cut linen trousers.
I've seen a lovely linen long skirt in Per Una that has a great shape to it.

zoeuk1 Fri 02-Jun-06 13:28:33

long hippy/boho skirt. like these

Hollyboo Fri 02-Jun-06 13:42:53

Nice white or cream linen wide leg trousers thrown on with a t-shirt always looks nice.

SHHHH Fri 02-Jun-06 14:20:50

I have short legs like mp..I find though that long skirts make me look round..! God knows why..!!! I need something that shows my legs unfortunatly..!!

MrsBadger Fri 02-Jun-06 14:36:11

Another vote for linen trousers - both mine (cream and olive green) are from Gap in the sale. Get long ones and wear wedges underneath to make legs look longer. Agree long skirts can be difficult - I'm 5'8" and some make even me look short.

zoeuk1 Fri 02-Jun-06 14:48:41

you could always wear some thin trousers with a summery dress over the top. actually, today ive got some linen trousers on with a dress over the top.

FillyjonktheSnibbet Fri 02-Jun-06 15:15:11

think wide legged loose trousers are the answer. High waisted. Oh, I know about short fat legs. Mine are also white as a fish's belly and I can't shave or dehair in any way without leaving attractive open pores. And I don't tan, I burn, am am allergic to fake tan. Bloody hell, I hate summer.

bubblepop Fri 02-Jun-06 16:27:25

ive got horrible legs too! white and covered in varicose veins, lovely! i tend to wear 3/4 lenth pants a lot in summer.

FillyjonktheSnibbet Fri 02-Jun-06 18:16:32

people with crappy legs of the world unite.

foxinsocks Fri 02-Jun-06 18:18:07

long skirts

I rejoiced last yr when gypsy skirts were in

also, cotton trousers - especially straight, wide cut that don't make your legs look huge

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: