Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What's your beauty routine?

(15 Posts)
SSSandy Fri 02-Jun-06 09:27:02

Well we talked about housekeeping routines and I was wondering how much effort people put into their appearance? I have good days and bad days but I do see a lot of sleek and glamorous mums out there when I pick up dd or drop her off somewhere.

SHHHH Fri 02-Jun-06 09:32:31

Well I ALWAYS wear make up. My routine is seeing to dd and then I shower,straighten my hair,make up and if I am off out I wear something presentable. If I am staying in I wear maybe joggers..??

TBH I always feel bettre when I wear make up and wear something nice.

ComeOVeneer Fri 02-Jun-06 09:44:46

I'm with you sssandy - good days and bad . Depends how early I "get going". If we are up early then I tend to be more organised and hence "presentable" but if it is a slow day then not so much. I always remove makeup cleans tone and moisturize at night though, whatever.

LadyTambaOfTambaTown Fri 02-Jun-06 09:53:26

erm....

Run comb through hair
brush teeth and wash face
occassionally put lip gloss on
and we're done!

SHHHH Fri 02-Jun-06 09:55:41

occasionally wear liploss ltott..?? Lipgloss is a must for me..!

MrsBadgerAvecUneVoiture Fri 02-Jun-06 09:57:41

enter shower
shampoo hair, apply conditioner
wash body with loofah mitt
wash face with face wash
rinse out conditioner
exit shower
comb out wet hair
moisturise face
brush teeth

evenings:
wash face with face wash
moisturise
brush teeth
comb hair

Not one for makeup or hair straightening - it's much less effort to dress well if you want to look good.
Don't see there's much point wearing full-face slap with tracksuit bottoms and fleece and personally would rather go barefaced in nice jacket, boots etc.

Do have a Quick Evening Out makeup routine though, mostly involving the Realness of Concealness box from Benefit.

LadyTambaOfTambaTown Fri 02-Jun-06 10:00:14

Id look like a drag queen with make-up on - I have no idea how to put it on! (I wouldnt want to end up looking like my friend who has this big brown dirty ring constantly round her chin - sorry if youre reading this btw, its just someone really ought to have told you about it by now )

FlameBoo Fri 02-Jun-06 10:11:00

Lately...

Get up
Wash (sink n flannel type wash - got no shower)
Brush hair.

I remember a few years ago when I could actually be bothered to wear makeup. I feel better when I get it on, but it just never seems to happen anymore!

Bugsy2 Fri 02-Jun-06 10:15:12

I do the same every day:
Morning:
shower
wash hair
dry
slap moisturiser on all over
dry hair
brush teeth
pluck spikey eyebrow hairs
make up: benetint liquid blusher, mascara & long stay lippy - that's it for whole day, never reapply.

Evening:
Remove make up with baby wipe
brush teeth
slap on moisturiser

Every now & then will do a "special" in the evening: leg wax, paint toenails, fake tan etc

SSSandy Fri 02-Jun-06 10:58:49

You wash your hair every morning still? I don't . However, I've just called the hairdresser for an appointment now, I do make an effort to keep it trimmed once a month at least, but pre-kids I did wash and blowdry every morning, not to mention doing my nails and using clear nailpolish, the full make-up, etc.

I wash my face and moisturise. Then scrape my hair back somehow and glue it into place with hairspray so it looks half-way decent. Then I put on blusher, mascara and lipstick because otherwise I feel naked and it takes about 3 minutes so that's how carefully applied it is.

I keep my nails cut short. Shave my legs once or twice a week (before sport usually).

zoeuk1 Fri 02-Jun-06 13:32:03

i wouldnt leave the house without makeup! come to think of it, i wouldnt even go without makeup if i was staying in all day!
i get up, shower, usually just wet hair(only shampoo it 2 or 3 times a week because its really dry and curly), dry hair upside down,get dressed put on makeup!!!!
before bed i use a face scrub and moisturise.

zoeuk1 Fri 02-Jun-06 13:33:20

oh, and i chop bits of my hair off myself! i know i shouldnt. i cant remember the last time i went to a hairdressers. my hair does need a good trim though. thankfully you cant notice all the split ends.

SHHHH Fri 02-Jun-06 14:18:23

I don't spend hours getting dressed etc but still manage to make myself as presentable as I wish. I also have my nails done every 2 weeks along with my toes..! Hairdressers is about every 3 months as my hair is longish but in good condition iykiwm!!!

The routine I had before dd I still have now and I hope it continues even with an extra 4 kids .....I run before the comments come...!!!

MrsBadger Fri 02-Jun-06 14:31:45

wish I could get my nails done every two weeks... [sigh] for the cheap Hackney nail bars of my youth...

kama Fri 02-Jun-06 16:08:53

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: