Talk

Advanced search

Hen night in London - Fashion advice for a frumpy Mum

(15 Posts)
Wrongmoreoftenthannot Mon 24-Jun-13 11:24:16

I'm off into the big city for a hen night in July. As I've not been out since my son was born Jan 2011 I have nothing to wear.

It doesn't help that I am hopelessly unfashionable but I will be going with fantastically trendy toned girls.

We are going to a burlesque show, then some bars/club and I need something stylish to wear. I have no idea what to buy and have randomly bought some dresses to try on..... bit of a disaster..... But I do like this dress from REISS - opinions please.

There was some mention of LBD's so I'm thinking of sticking to a dress and maybe getting a blazer to go over the top. I'm 34, 5'8" and a 12 in most stores.

Please dress me Mumsnet ladies.

rubylovescheese Mon 24-Jun-13 11:33:56

will you be changing between day and evening? what is your budget?

Wrongmoreoftenthannot Mon 24-Jun-13 11:42:24

I'm going for afternoon tea with the hen (just the two of us) at The Lanesborough and I was planning to wear this dress with some LK Bennet wedges.

Then yes changing to go out for the evening.

Budget max £400 for the outfit - I hoping with some sales on there will be some bargains!

cardamomginger Mon 24-Jun-13 12:33:29

Reiss dress is lovely!

RainbowBob Mon 24-Jun-13 12:52:19

Love both dresses. Perfect.

Sleepwhenidie Mon 24-Jun-13 14:52:58

Both lovely. Would like to say don't worry about a blazer, just get some fab shoes and a bag, but daren't with this bloody weather....

Wrongmoreoftenthannot Mon 24-Jun-13 15:32:08

I love the Reiss dress it's v flattering, just wasn't sure if it was trendy or not!! Blazer is proving to be awkward!

teacher123 Mon 24-Jun-13 18:29:57

I am also going on a trendy London hen do in July, I don't think it's the same one though... That reiss dress is gorgeous... Am wondering whether to order one now...!

cardamomginger Mon 24-Jun-13 18:41:45

Do you need a blazer over the Reiss dress? Cardi? Wrap? Other jacket? Blazer just sounds a bit formal and a bit of a blocky shape?

Wrongmoreoftenthannot Mon 24-Jun-13 20:44:15

I'm v unsure what I need over it! I think I need something but I've no idea what grin

Wrongmoreoftenthannot Mon 24-Jun-13 20:45:35

Teacher it's v forgiving and comfy! Well worth looking at! Hope your hen do is fun! grin

teacher123 Mon 24-Jun-13 20:48:58

Forgiving and comfy sounds good!! I've actually got two hen dos to go to. (None of the same people at both) so it would be a bargain as I could wear it twice... wink the people on both are all vastly trendier than I am... I only really know the bride at each one, so feeling a bit nervous!

Wrongmoreoftenthannot Tue 25-Jun-13 16:58:07

Sounds just like mine! Bride is close friend! Met a couple of the girls once or twice but only briefly so should be interesting! grin

They also do the Reiss dress in Black .

WafflyVersatile Tue 25-Jun-13 17:06:03

That's a lovely dress.

If you hadn't offered anything up for opinions I'd have advised something with a slightly 50s look, full skirt type thing for the burlesque.

That little blue dress is v cute. I'm less fond of the black one, mainly because I see black lace as quite a wintry look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now