Talk

Advanced search

Two issues. Oily face / armpits

(12 Posts)
something2say Sat 22-Jun-13 10:04:21

Hiya.

Decided to ask other women about these two issues.

One. By lunchtime, my face looks shiny. I wear moisturiser for oily skin, makes no difference. Face products are Simple. Very small amount of foundation over part of my face not all. But my cheeks and forehead look shiny and I end up wiping my face with a tissue and taking the blusher off with it..... Any suggestions?

Secondly, I seem to sweat under my armpits a lot. Like dark patches, hate it. I wash twice a day and use anti perspiration deodorant, but I still sweat. Any suggestions there?

Am wondering if it is anything to do with my diet? At the weekend when I don't wear blusher I don't look so oily.....and with loose clothes I don't get sweat patches. Yesterday I felt awful at work, just wanted to get home out of t shirt which was wet under the arms. Sick of it!!!! Thanks x

MrsLettuce Sat 22-Jun-13 10:27:53

Mitchum antiperspirant should be up to the task.

As far as your skin goes, I wonder is the cleanser you're using could eb to harsh for your skin. If too much oil is stripped away then over production is encouraged. Does your skin feel at all tight after cleansing?

MrsLettuce Sat 22-Jun-13 10:29:04

Oh, and failing all, botox in your pits will stop excessive sweating. But, TBH mitchum should be able to handle it.

Vibbe Sat 22-Jun-13 10:49:00

Sure Maximum Protection is also good.

Are you using a foundation for oily skin? Is it matte?

Foundations for oily skin contain oil absorbing ingredients, and there's only so much oil they can absorb - and then you'll get shiny. You can blot and powder.
You can also try primers designed to keep the skin looking matte - but they also have a limit to how much they can absorb.

You might want to look at your products - foundation, moisturiser and as mentioned above, cleanser should be for your skin type. If using a foundation for dry skin, you can get quite oily, as it's designed to hydrate and not keep the skin matte.

I sweat more when at work than I do when at home relaxing. I think that's quite normal.

The dark patches can be caused by several things - shaving, dead skin cells, the deodorants/other products you use can cause the discolouration - some say that antiperspirant cause the discolouration.

There's also hyper-pigmentation and some medical condition that I don't remember the name of, but usually you'd see discolouration on other parts of your body too if you suffer from that condition.

ZaraW Sat 22-Jun-13 10:53:42

I use Stila Stay all day foundation, usually I like to use more natural products but this lasts all day and my oil skin stays matt which is a minor miracle in itself.

I only use natural deodorants which don't tend to be so strong but if anyone knows of one would love to hear about it.

something2say Sat 22-Jun-13 11:07:53

Hiya thanks for all of the replies...

I was using a new face wash, had a sample in Marie Clair, loved it so bought the big size but it brought me out in terrible spots. So I bought Simple face wash and that seems ok. But no matter what I use I always end up the same....must say that Simple means I wake up non shiny so that's nice....maybe it is the blusher? But that does go on my forehead. ???

Will try Mitchum anti perspiration....,thanks for the suggestion, can you get it from sainsburys?

ellesabe Sat 22-Jun-13 13:37:47

I used to have very sweaty armpits and the gp prescribed a deodorant to wear for a while overnight which sorted it out.

valiumredhead Sat 22-Jun-13 13:40:54

Mitchum deodorant is good as is Sanex minimum white marks-white canister with pink writing.

BoysAreLikeDogs Sat 22-Jun-13 13:41:28

Mineral foundation like bare escentuals suit my oily face and sweaty foreheid

Wrt armpits driclor (sp) is hardcore but v good

WhoNickedMyName Sat 22-Jun-13 14:09:50

Anhydrol Forte will sort out the armpits. You can buy it over the counter at a chemist. Stings like a bugger the first couple of times you use it but within a week you'll be sweat free.

And for oily skin, there's a Nars matte foundation especially for oily skin but it costs a bloody fortune. I'm using Estée Lauder double wear at the moment and that seems to be ok, and Boots Oily Skin Blotting Papers are good, I'm lasting until about 3pm before I need to use one.

FriskyHenderson Sat 22-Jun-13 14:22:13

Persperex(?) for the arm pits, you put it on clean pits overnight -- and spend all night itching-- and after 2-3 days you have noticeably dryer pits. For me it lasts ~6 months.

Blotting paper is good, L'Oréal used to do a blue one that was fab.

PeggyGuggenheim Sat 22-Jun-13 21:44:12

Anyhydrol Forte as mentioned before, for the excessive sweating. It does sting at first, you put it on at night and wash off in the morning. It was my last resort but really glad I found it. My GP prescribed it for me. Good luck. It's a distressing problem

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now