Is Patra worth the money? Also sizing?

(7 Posts)
Decanter Thu 20-Jun-13 21:53:34

I fancy buying a few Patra items, the pure silk camisoles and the silk round neck vests with sleeves, both in champagne. I think they would be great under some open weave soft knitted jumpers come winter time but I'd love to know if they really are worth the money, and would be interested if anyone can advise re. the sizing. I'd like them to be quite snug as I'll be wearing them under clothes, so should I buy my actual dress size or go a size smaller. Thanks so much in advance.

PasswordProtected Fri 21-Jun-13 07:10:06

I have a few Patra items & am a big fan of the silk thermal vests. The first one I bought was an M, but it was too big, so I now buy S. But their sizing varies dramatically according to garment type.

themaltesecat Fri 21-Jun-13 15:45:31

I was wondering about Patra undergarments, too. If you wear them under clothing, do they successfully keep your outer layer fresh for further wears without washing? I have a lot of dresses for work which just won't stand up to a good deal of washing.

PasswordProtected Fri 21-Jun-13 18:30:11

I have no idea about keeping outer clothing fresh. My winter work "uniform" is a trouser suit with either a cashmere polo neck or, if not totally freezing, a cotton polo neck and a Patra silk, long-sleeved vest. I change the vest every couple of days and the polo neck maybe twice in a week.

Showtime Fri 21-Jun-13 23:30:47

Sizes do vary greatly, particularly the knitted silk tops which can be loose worn second day, but I still have all tops purchased from about 20 years ago
(including favourite now very thin under arms but still OK under suit jacket).

polyhymnia Sat 22-Jun-13 10:40:50

Are they cool in summer -ie, suitable for now - or are they really more for colder weather?

hollyisalovelyname Fri 29-Apr-16 20:18:27

Any Patra code please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now