Talk

Advanced search

How do I find an interior designer..?

(10 Posts)
SHHHH Tue 30-May-06 21:31:50

Each home dh & I have had we have decorated etc it ourselves. Sometimes we get it right, sometimes we feel we get it wrong.... BUT does anyone know how we can get an interior designer in to basically do it for us..????

cjmummy Tue 30-May-06 22:15:18

whereabouts are you shhhh?

SueW Wed 31-May-06 07:58:40

John Lewis offers a service. IIRC, there is a cost - maybe £200 - but refundable against purchases.

Twiglett Wed 31-May-06 08:00:02

look in the back of home magazines or local magazines

ask around

do john lewis

nixnoo Thu 01-Jun-06 12:54:37

I am an interior designer, in North London if that is of any help?

Worth just doing a search on www.yell.com or google interior design+your location?

robin3 Thu 01-Jun-06 13:11:12

Fired Earth do a design service too if you like that sort of look.

SHHHH Thu 01-Jun-06 16:40:06

jl...never thought about them. Do they come out and actullay do up your home iykwim..??

BTW we are based northwest..BUT we are wanting to move..not sure if locally or "down south" so I may need you at a later date nixnoo....!!

SHHHH Thu 01-Jun-06 16:42:39

btw robin3, jus "googled" fir earth..I love it..Will show it to dh when he gets home. Think thats what we are looking for.
Thanks xx

zippitippitoes Thu 01-Jun-06 16:52:45

is it an interior designer or an interior decorator you want..ie is it colour schemes and soft furnishings or structural alterations? I would invite people from yellow pages and ask to see their portfolios..there is also the IDDA

you have to be qualified and experienced to join

have a very clear brief or you will be wasting your money i have done schemes for people who then change their minds and end up paying again

SHHHH Fri 02-Jun-06 08:59:45

thanks zippitippitoes...it's an interior decorator we need looking at your link. That will be ideal for when/if we move and need help..!!
Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: