Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

my wardrobe is soooo boring. clothes are ancient and i need a 'revamp'

(3 Posts)
popsycal Tue 30-May-06 19:22:26

help
been sorting through my clothes for the charity shop/ebay and to be honest the whole lot could go!
I rareyl buy clothes for myself anymore and what I do buy is boring. A lot of y clothes are years (and years!!!) old!

How did I get like this!
I don't have much cash knocking about since I cut my working hours right down, but do have £60 from my birthday.

I am a size 10/12, 5foot 6 ish and 32.
What should I buy and where?
I am thinking basics that can be mixed and matched and that look a bit stylish

(I cant believe i started thsi thread - where did my life go!)

mancmum Tue 30-May-06 19:50:41

you need a capsule wardrobe... there are better people than me to help you on this -- but I did something similar when I lost weight and needed new clothes..

1. Think of a colour scheme and stick to it -- introduce new colours via scarves etc .. I use beige and choc brown and then use pink/blue accessories.. thus everything goes together

2. Think style and shapes that suit you ...

3. Review lifestyle and think what would you use and need -- whilst funds limited better to spend money on key items rather than fritter on a ball gown...

4. Make some key purcashes -- for me it was 2 x trousers, a dress and some tshirts that could be layered... then start to add round that...

As for where to buy -- if low budget, M+S is good for decent quality, I like Zara for some trendy bits and you can get some good stuff at debenahsm quite cheaply -- or in my case I buy stuff of ebay -- prefer 2nd hand unusual quality clothes than main stream high street

popsycal Tue 30-May-06 20:05:17

thats the thing - i rarely 'accessorise'
iff to peep at ebay
i do need a 'capsule' wardrobe. we also don't have much storage space for clothes

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: