Talk

Advanced search

How long after waxing until it stops feeling sore?

(16 Posts)
HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sat 15-Jun-13 21:34:05

I had my eyebrows (first times in years) and top lip (first time ever!!!) waxed this morning and it's all a bit sore I'm such a wimp. Will it be better by tomorrow? Should I put anything on to help the skin recover?

SoftKittyWarmKitty Sat 15-Jun-13 21:54:21

If you've got any Sudocreme, put a bit on those areas tonight when you go to bed and the soreness and redness will be gone in the morning.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sat 15-Jun-13 22:26:40

Thanks...I'll go and rummage and see if I can find any (DS is 10, though, so might not be successful grin!!)

Discomama Sun 16-Jun-13 14:24:49

I had both those done last Saturday and I am covered in spots now, in between eyebrows, happens every time hmm

SugarPasteGreyhound Sun 16-Jun-13 17:11:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

leobeebs Sun 16-Jun-13 17:39:12

Don't put sudocrem on its full of lanolin or mineral oil all of which will make spits worse. I'm a beauty therapist and the only thing you should put on waxed skin is aloe Vera or on lip area it's useful top upon witch hazel gel as it stops spots.

Skin shouldn't feel sore btw

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 16-Jun-13 18:01:58

I wax armpits and top lip (with Veet Hot wax) and I'd say it's never sore but it can be a bit red on the top lip after.
The only uncomfortable area is the bikini line and that's more to do with keeping the skin taut enough.

Aetae Sun 16-Jun-13 18:17:45

It depends on your skin. My lip takes a day or two to calm down after waxing. My lip always gets spots too, I put zit cream all over it to try to stop it - payot pate grise.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sun 16-Jun-13 19:19:50

Thanks for the replies!

Any idea why it would feel sore? My top lip is ok apart from a small area right in the middle (can't remember what it's called!). My actual eyebrows are ok but there are red marks on the very top of my eyelids and they're only sore if I rub my eyes (blush damn hayfever).

I don't think I have any aloe Vera or witch hazel but will go in search of some tomorrow.

I do have a spot brewing but I think it was on its way before yesterday.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 16-Jun-13 20:02:55

Everyones skin reacts differently to things and your skin will be more sensitive to waxing just before you are due on.

I sometimes forget that I've just done my armpits, have a shower and put roll on antiperspirant on. (Eek)

leobeebs Mon 17-Jun-13 22:44:31

Do you think it has lifted your skin off slightly? Sounds like it has but without seeing it its difficult to tell. If you post pics I can have a look.

Don't panic if it has the skin heels perfectly with no marks. Did she ask you to pull your skin tight over your teeth?

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Tue 18-Jun-13 13:07:47

It went all scab-like yesterday and my friend is sure that it is because the wax burnt my eyelid.

leobeebs Tue 18-Jun-13 21:29:42

Oh god she has burnt you then if its scabbed.

You really should go back and show them. If I had done that to somebody I'd like to think they'd tell me. These things do very rarely happen, she didn't mean to do it and would probably feel shit but she still should know.

Can't stress enough to use aloe Vera.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Tue 18-Jun-13 21:52:12

Unfortunately, the salon I used is 100 miles away. I was thinking about sending them a message via their FB page (PM rather than on their wall).

I appreciate it wasn't done on purpose, I just hope it clears up by the weekend because I'm going to a wedding - hence getting my eyebrows waxed in the first place hmmgrin...I knew there was a reason why I don't do beauty grin!!

leobeebs Tue 18-Jun-13 22:10:52

Yes do pm them. Could be therapist error, wax pot being cleaned and accidentally turned up (believe me that happens).

You should be fine for the weekend just don't pick at the scabs. Have a lovely time.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Tue 18-Jun-13 22:37:00

She kept asking if it was too hot and to let her know if it was but it didn't feel especially hot. However, as I said in my op, I haven't been waxed for years so not really sure how hot is too hot.

Will aloe Vera still be effective? My friend said she'd bring some round tomorrow.

I'm going to send them a message now smile

Thanks for the advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now