Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Oh dear...just had that moment of realization

(20 Posts)
TheOrchardKeeper Fri 14-Jun-13 16:28:37

You know the one...where you suddenly realize that actually, you don't carry your 2 your old baby weight that well at all...

Used MFP on and off but need to actually stick at it & lose these few stone that have crept up on me!

Anyone else manage to lose weight after not caring for ages & having a bit of a 'oh crap' moment? (Not sure how else to put that)

TheOrchardKeeper Fri 14-Jun-13 16:29:02

*year old hmm

Marylou2 Fri 14-Jun-13 16:48:12

Tell me about it, I don't think I can even call it baby weight as my "baby" is at school!

My 'baby' is 16! I was 8 stone before I got pregnant with dd2 and am about 9 and a half now. I don't think I can blame dd2 now!

Couch to 5k is brilliant IF you stick to it (which I am currently failing horribly with).

TheOrchardKeeper Fri 14-Jun-13 16:54:45

DS is nearly 3 and i've levelled out at about 2 stone more than before I had him.

I'm not massive but do NOT photograph well grin
And it's at that point where my 'big' jeans are too tight blush

I didn't realize tbh as i've been studying, running after DS (he only goes to his dads once a fortnight) & trying to job hunt.

Weighed myself for the first time on months earlier & saw some party photos on fb from last week.

Know it sounds sad but felt like crying! blush

TheOrchardKeeper Fri 14-Jun-13 16:55:28

I only do dvds atm as I get no free time in the evenings and use his nursery time to study...

TheOrchardKeeper Fri 14-Jun-13 16:55:42

(30 day shred is my fave)

HaveAGoodDay Fri 14-Jun-13 17:09:23

Weekly Zumba classes coupled with side effect (actually it was a benefit!) of a new medication is what helped me lose 2 stone of baby weight but that was 2 years ago & I've now gradually put about a stone of it back on....

I really really need to get back into doing Zumba again, I use to do it at home on the wii about 2 or 3 times a week, then at a class once a week. But haven't been for about a year, no one I know goes now. I also feel very very tired lately have no energy at all & seem to have adopted a CBA do do anything, everything is crap attitude! Not good!

TheOrchardKeeper Fri 14-Jun-13 17:14:04

I had also adopted that attitude...Just so tired atm as little one has a health issue that sometimes affects his sleep.

But if I adopt the 'bother when I'm sleeping well' approach then I'll be fat for a very long time I feel grin

TheOrchardKeeper Fri 14-Jun-13 17:15:35

(also loved Zumba. Did it before I had DS and became eternally skint. Am hoping thet just doing my DVDs and MFP will be enough. It's just trying to remember that I'm doing it for a good reason, as it feels pretty dull & hard at the time)!

Newrowsees Fri 14-Jun-13 19:06:46

I had my moment of clarity a few weeks ago - I was somehow kidding myself into thinking I looked great, despite slowly expanding by about three sizes! Luckily I stepped on the scales before it got too dreadful. I think MFP is the way forward, plus sporadic exercise when the baby allows.

TheOrchardKeeper Fri 14-Jun-13 19:36:47

Good luck smile

I sort of knew I was kidding myself but didn't feel strongly enough about the way I look/felt.

I realized I've cried about how I looked in certain outfits about 3 times this month & am starting to feel self conscious in the buff with DP.

Losing weight is hard but so is being bigger. I'm choosing a different hard grin

Perplexing Fri 14-Jun-13 19:39:28

What is MFP?

TheOrchardKeeper Fri 14-Jun-13 19:47:37

Oops sorry.

My Fitness Pal. I use the mobile app version so I can log what I eat, the calories, the exercise I've done etc. There are lots of variations about but MFP is the most popular as far as I can tell smile

Hopasholic Fri 14-Jun-13 19:50:11

My 'oh crap!' moment came when I saw myself in a photo from NY eve and thought 'who the hell is that with my husband?'

I was crammed into a size 14 dress and just couldn't bear the thought of going up another dress size sad

I started doing 5:2 and went from 11 st 7lbs to 9st 12 lbs in eleven weeks. The thing I like about it, is you can still have what you want 5xdays a week (within moderation!) and only have to think about it for two days.

My aim is 9st 7lbs but this last bit is proving a bugger to shift sad

There are a few threads on here and also a really good FB page if you fancy having a look.

I hate exercise though! I am allergic always have been always will be

Liveinthepresent Fri 14-Jun-13 20:01:03

When I got to this point I joined the low carb Bootcamp on here - it was working really well I was totally in the zone and I lost about 10 lbs...
All good but then I got my next BFP so am currently huge at 39 weeks.
I plan to tackle it much quicker next time!

Good luck

TheOrchardKeeper Fri 14-Jun-13 20:04:56

I didn't get on with low carbing but it's impressively successful for some!

Will probably try the 5:2 again and just suck it up. I feel quite shakey and horrid the first few fasts but it goes away plus it works for me.

I just think it's crazy that I'm making myself this miserable if you know what I mean. It's quite the cycle to break!

dazzlingdeborahrose Fri 14-Jun-13 21:19:44

Hi ill be 5:2ing again and I use mfp. Feel free to send me a friend request if you want some online support my mfp user name is the same as my mums net nickname. Good luck!

TheOrchardKeeper Fri 14-Jun-13 21:23:50

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now