Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

the best self tan?

(11 Posts)
Tutter Mon 29-May-06 19:21:50

i know there's a thread on moisturisers with self tan, but i'm interested in the neat, no messing about, just here to turn you brown stuff.

had a salon tan (decleor) today and am not thrilled with the results on my legs - everywhere else ok - but knees and feet too dark and shins too pale.

so - as well as scrubbing my knees to death, i need to top my legs up before a do on saturday.

what are your recommendations? i'm average skin tone i'd say (mid-brown hair and green eyes) so don't want anything too dark. golden colour but not orange!

scienceteacher Mon 29-May-06 19:22:43

Olay

Tutter Tue 30-May-06 07:48:33

anyone else?

this morning parts of me make me think of the woolwich "touch me" ad...

Tutter Tue 30-May-06 07:48:53

(that sounds a bit rude, but if you know the ad you'll KWIM)

TheLadyVanishes Tue 30-May-06 09:23:36

Nivea

LadyCodofCOdford Tue 30-May-06 10:31:39

i gte loads of compliments on my saint tropez

noddyholder Tue 30-May-06 10:38:40

saint tropez but not hte shimmery spray one

SHHHH Tue 30-May-06 21:36:35

I agree with ST BUT it can be a hassle to apply if you are not used to it.

I use the Johnsons holiday lotion when I remember. Give you a nice glow than you can add to...

Diege Wed 31-May-06 09:50:43

Have to share my newest discovery with you ladies . The new L'oreal sublime spray tan (clear) that you don't need to rub in. Fool proof, no streaks, and so easy to use (and this is from someone who streaks with holiday sun!!)No more stained palms!!!

Bugsy2 Wed 31-May-06 10:06:22

Tutter, they all contain the same stuff to turn you brown: Dihydroxyacetone. The more of this stuff the cream contains the darker you will go. If you want something that is not to strong, you should possibly consider buying one of the moisturisers with a little self-tan added to it for fair-to-normal skin.
You could also look for a product that contains erythrulose, as this helps to prevent streaking.
Alot of the result will depend on your own natural skin tone.

SparklyGothKat Wed 31-May-06 10:09:08

Has anyone tried the Olay one for the face?? Don;t want to use normal faketan on my face, worried I will turn orange.. I have Johnson's holiday sun here, whats it like for the face??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: