Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Long line thin summer cardigans thread

(12 Posts)
KevinFoley Thu 06-Jun-13 10:50:56

Anyone spot any good ones? need to cover arms and arse. No waterfalls please!!

ToastedTeacakes Thu 06-Jun-13 11:40:55

I currently have a couple from Matalan believe it or not! I am usually a bit of a snob with knits but these were great. I would say same quality as Zara, for around £12 each.

I think they were in the 'smart' or workwear section. Long sleeve, just below ass length and thin - but well made and non creasy. Def have a look!

One here

www.matalan.co.uk/womens/shop-by-category/knitwear/s2513586/v-neck-cardigan

another style here

www.matalan.co.uk/womens/shop-by-category/knitwear/s2529108/soon-cotton-crew-neck-cardigan

CambridgeBlue Thu 06-Jun-13 11:57:24

No idea but watching with interest as I need one too and all I can find are bloody waterfalls! Even the nice ones make me look twice the size I really am.

LifeofPo Thu 06-Jun-13 11:59:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

buildingmycorestrength Thu 06-Jun-13 12:04:33

Search for boyfriend cardigan on Amazon. I bought four from the Paper moon retailer, in the end.

They are just perfect. Thin, nice jersey type fabric, and sleeves okay (not too skinny). Cheap! Nice line to them, I have found...they are between smart and casual. I'm a fairly average size 14 and bought the size 16-18 as the 12-14 had tight sleeves.

sweetheart Thu 06-Jun-13 12:17:58

Primark have some nice thin ones

MrsMeow Thu 06-Jun-13 13:23:16

I live in these in the summer, mainly buy them from New Look, cheap as chips and tshirt (jersey?) material so lightweight too.

here the £12.99 boyfriend ones. They have loads of colours instore.

Maat Thu 06-Jun-13 13:27:10

I've got a few of those MrsM and they have lasted really well.

I bought mine last year and, unless they have improved the sizing, I'd say maybe size up as the arms on mine are really slim.

MrsMeow Thu 06-Jun-13 13:42:53

Same here Maat, I buy them every year so have loads of colours! I love how you can dress them up or down smile

I agree about the slim arms. I've bought two so far and they're definitely tighter around the arms than they used to be.

buildingmycorestrength Thu 06-Jun-13 14:29:56

Those are the same as the ones I got from Amazon - they are so great. And they just skim the bum, so they don't make your backside look huge, but nor do they leave it hanging out! Big fan. Will probably be buying more, actually.

Maat Thu 06-Jun-13 14:35:56

Yes, they are quite flattering and nice enough if you need a light cover up in the evening

Rulesgirl Thu 06-Jun-13 14:39:09

There are some lovely long linen sheer ones in Marks at the moment.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: