Talk

Advanced search

Water proof boots/wellies

(12 Posts)
GTbaby Tue 04-Jun-13 20:55:15

I saw a lady wearing purple hunter wellies other day. And they looked very cute. Just wondering what other alternatives I have.

Thinking about October time when I'll be walking a lot with DC in rain.

Any recommendations gratefully received! grin

cerealqueen Tue 04-Jun-13 23:14:09

I've just bought some crocs jaunt wellies, mainly because they are lightweight and comfy, as some wellies can be quite heavy?

I have other wellies (tartan ones!) from this company but noticed their £10 daily deal....www.ness.co.uk/footwear-1/betsy-wonderful-wellies.html

cerealqueen Tue 04-Jun-13 23:29:46

Wow, they are lovely, but won't fit over my calves sad

holidayseeker Tue 04-Jun-13 23:30:14

I have joules wellies with lovely fleece wellie socks.

Don't bet on it (i have monster calves, knee high boots and I are bitter enemies)

GTbaby Wed 05-Jun-13 01:07:46

I like those... And only £10! Should look into this more! Who knew there was so much choice in wellies

missmartha Wed 05-Jun-13 07:20:49

These are nice and yes I know they're £££ but really you can wear them with a lot of things, they'll last ages and you don't have to worry about chunky calves.

www.cavells.co.uk/shoes-c3/short-rubber-boot-p16592?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=ilse-jacobsen-short-rubber-boot-colour-beige-misty-rose-size-39-wom-colour-beige-misty-rose-size-39-womens-gs05748000004&utm_campaign=product+listing+ads#38611

MelanieCheeks Wed 05-Jun-13 07:23:35

I love my Dubarry boots. They are very £££ but really smart, as well as completely waterproof. There's a range of styles, and some come in wider calfs (calves?)
posh boots

GTbaby Wed 05-Jun-13 07:24:45

Thanks marther! Was actually wondering if you could get ankle wellies. Easier to get off.

missmartha Wed 05-Jun-13 07:31:34

Hunter do them too www.hunter-boot.com/bradwell/black.

These are not the only ones they do but i think they're smart.

Still prefer the Jacobson ankle boots though.

jackstini Thu 06-Jun-13 09:33:41

Wedge Wellies are my faves - buy the Flex versions for easier to get off

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now