Talk

Advanced search

Sanitary towels with short wings?

(8 Posts)
Madmog Mon 03-Jun-13 15:23:47

Are there any sanitary towels which have shorter wings?

Sorry to post this here, but wasn't really sure where to post. I've been using tampons for years but recently they feel a bit itchy inside, so tried Bodyform with wings (for a bit more security) but found them quite big and bulky at the sides (I'm fairly small). Any help or recommendations appreciated!

cardamomginger Mon 03-Jun-13 16:26:35

I hate wings - I don't see that they do anything and in my experience they act as a conduit for stuff to leak round. I fold them under and everything stays in place just fine.

BTW - if things are feeling itchy inside with tampons, might be worth seeing the GP for a check up?

JennySense Mon 03-Jun-13 18:11:58

Always?

I love that this is posted in style and beauty!

Madmog Mon 03-Jun-13 19:16:57

Thanks for your replies. Will give Always a go, although, any other recommendations appreciated.

Cardamomginger, haven't used towels for years so thought wings may give me a little more security. I don't feel itchy any other time of the month and am wondering if it's my age. Will certainly keep on eye on things though!

Nagoo Mon 03-Jun-13 20:20:28

mooooooonnnnncuuuuuuuupppp. smile

EMUZ Mon 03-Jun-13 20:33:45

Mooncup grin
Could be thrush or bacterial vaginosis? You can get lactic acid gel now to restore ph balance

EMUZ Mon 03-Jun-13 20:34:29

Ooh if not maybe look at any teen range of towels? They tend to be slimmer

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Mon 03-Jun-13 20:45:50

If tampons are feeling itchy:

1. Get yourself checked out
2. Try organic unbleached tampons (eg Natracare)
3. Buy a moon cup!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now