Talk

Advanced search

BB Cream or Foundation for fair skin- any recommendations?

(7 Posts)
moonmanic Mon 03-Jun-13 00:17:36

Hi, I've been given a £35 voucher to spend in Boots and have decided that I'm going to treat myself to some make up.

Among other things, I really want a new BB cream or foundation. I had been using a bb cream by Une which I loved but they seem to have disappeared (I don't know whether the company has closed down?). Well anyway, I was wondering if anyone has a any recommendations for a bb cream or foundation that is great for pale/fair skin. The one I am using at the moment is Maybelleline Face Fresh BB cream which is OK, but I'm not overly keen on it as it does not have great coverage. I have also tried one by Soap and Glory which I think was called something like "give good face" or something like that. Again it was ok but I don't think I would buy it again, it did'nt quite suit my skin tone.

I like a natural look and not too heavy (I don't like the caked on look). Any ideas/recommendations?

50shadesofmeh Mon 03-Jun-13 10:53:33

I have the Dr Jart bb cream at the moment and I really love it, quite decent coverage but super light and easy to apply, look it up online, they sell it in boots too.

VillaVillekulla Mon 03-Jun-13 11:54:34

I was about to recommend Dr Jart but 50Shadesofmeh beat me to it. It's only available in Boots AFAIK and there are a few different formulations. I think they're all good except the Water Fuse one which is too light for my liking. I'm using the Regenerating one at the moment (silver tube) which is v good. I had the platinum one before which was also good but v thick and a bit too pale.
They give surprisingly good coverage and just even out skin tone, make pores look smaller etc.

Myneaux Mon 03-Jun-13 11:55:37

Following several recommendations on here I bought YSL teint eclat foundation and it is easily the best Ive ever used.

Light coverage that you can build up if you want something more substantial and is perfect match for my very pale skin....the assistant let me take a sample away to try in different lights etc.

Quite pricey (think it was £30 ish) but will last for ages. Not sure if they sell it in Boots though

HazleNutt Mon 03-Jun-13 13:44:04

I really like Diorskin Nude BB cream.
www.feelunique.com/p/DIORSKIN-NUDE-BB-CREAM

I got it in 002 shade, and that's still very light, so 001 is probably quite fair.

TallulahBetty Mon 03-Jun-13 14:01:25

Maybelline BB cream is lovely.

SorrelForbes Mon 03-Jun-13 14:04:07

La Roche Posay do a very nice (pale) BB cream.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now