Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is double denim ok?

(17 Posts)
CakeInMyFace Thu 30-May-13 13:30:15

I've been after a denim jacket for a while, but wondering what the consensus is on wearing it with jeans (with a longer top underneith). Is it ever ok to wear double denim or is this a big no no?

Its this one

PeazlyPops Thu 30-May-13 13:34:51

I'm a the least stylish person ever, but the one thing I do know about fashion is that double denim in a no-no!

K8Middleton Thu 30-May-13 13:38:27

No. Unless you are Jeremy Clarkson.

LoopyLooplaHoop Thu 30-May-13 13:40:01

No

CajaDeLaMemoria Thu 30-May-13 13:41:57

Some models do it.

I think it very much depends on your normal 'look'. If it's model-ly and out there, you'll probably pull it off fine. It seems to really suit slim people! But there is a big risk of it looking dated and wrong.

CakeInMyFace Thu 30-May-13 13:44:02

Ok fair enough. I wanted to justify getting a jacket but I live in skinny jeans (don't wear coloured ones) so not much point if I can't pull it off.

issimma Thu 30-May-13 14:17:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

aoife24 Thu 30-May-13 15:44:58

Great jacket by the way and really good value.

meditrina Thu 30-May-13 16:00:16

Status Quo are touring again this year.

So perhaps we'll be seeing more of it.

No to matching denim but fine to wear a blue denim jacket with black fabric jeans. I'd also wear an open pale denim shirt with dark indigo or black jeans, providing it was broken up with a different coloured top underneath.

Then again, this looks nice and even this isn't completely hideous.

happyreindeer Thu 30-May-13 17:01:50

A lot of the websites seem to be featuring it, Who decides it is naff?
I really like that last pintrest pic.

JazzDalek Thu 30-May-13 17:02:04

Sadly, no.

I have a lovely denim jacket I've only worn a handful of times because I wear jeans 95% of the time and I just can't do it.

I am a big proponent of "if you like it, wear it, and to heck with what 'fashion' thinks", but even I draw the line here sad

CakeInMyFace Thu 30-May-13 17:47:26

Hmm. Maybe I'll hunt down a biker jacket instead...more choice that way. Thanks for all the replies.

Karbea Thu 30-May-13 17:48:16

Yes if you are in your early twenties, no otherwise. It's "In" but can only really be carried off if you didn't do it the first time!

foxysocks Thu 30-May-13 17:58:18

i think it can work. nicely cut dark chambray shirt with white/offwhite jeans, lovely.

but the same shade stonewashed jeans and ill-fitting jacket - no.

finlaysmum12 Thu 30-May-13 19:18:49

i bought a denim shirt last week, and googled "style a denim shirt"- yes, you can do double denim!just depends how!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now