Talk

Advanced search

Ditch the wires!

(4 Posts)
sergeantmajor Tue 28-May-13 17:42:40

I have recently discovered the joy of wire-free bras. It is so hard to find ones which aren't wired (and of course I exclude those granny ones you get in boxes). And the wires would always dig in to me by halfway through the day, especially in the front centre.

Now granted my chest is a modest b-cup, but the non-wireds do have pretty hefty seams that seem to offer the same firm, rounded support as a wire, but without the digging in. Ludicrously, the non-wireds come billed as Teen Bras in John Lewis (cos the teens are too smart to wear some metalled contraption like the rest of womanhood?). And I found myself a lace-trimmed number in black and a nudish-pinky one too and have gone away very happy.

I found a wider selection in-store but here's a flavour www.johnlewis.com/bras/teen=bratype2-bras-1161/c8000016892

trinity0097 Tue 28-May-13 20:22:04

Were you wearing the right sized wired bra?

Casmama Tue 28-May-13 20:24:41

Nice idea but at 34H I have a sneaky suspicion that I wouldn't get enough support.

Ditto Casmama, I'd scare small children if I went wireless. And I have to agree with trinity - a wired bra which fits properly doesn't dig in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now