Talk

Advanced search

I am so fed up of maternity clothes

(9 Posts)
NewChoos Tue 28-May-13 08:20:37

I am due early July - will have 2 stone to lose.
What can I buy for the remainder of the 'summer'?
I want things that are stylish but casual....

5f4 and a bit of an apple at the best of times. Will hopefully be bf.

MrsHelsBels74 Tue 28-May-13 08:29:42

What size are you? I've got some summer maternity gear from last year. It's size 14 mainly but mostly jersey/stretchy material. Can e-mail you pictures if you're interested?

NewChoos Tue 28-May-13 08:32:11

That's very kind - I am a 14.
I was also thinking about getting a few things for the weeks afterwards - I have no idea what to get though.

MrsHelsBels74 Tue 28-May-13 08:34:44

Well PM me if you're interested, I was going to charity shop them anyway.

To be honest I lived in my pyjamas & maternity clothes once the baby arrived.

NewChoos Tue 28-May-13 08:36:46

I think I did too - but was considering making an effort, although not entirely sure how much time I will have with a new born and a toddler.

Will pm you, thank you.

RakeABedOfTyneFilth Tue 28-May-13 08:58:31

NewChoos, I had my DS in August in a hot summer. My most stylish factor was nicely shaped trousers and nice shoes. Especially if you bf you may find your uterus quickly shrinks dramatically and your hips/waist will be back to, if not normal, a sort of plateau size which only then changes if you do mega exercise or the opposite. I bought some cerise chinos from H&M about 2/3 weeks post birth which I wore for three years. Up top, because of feeding, there are fewer options, but the best I found was various colours of vest tops layered under patterned sheer tops baggy/loose enough to lift up. Lift top, tug down vest, unpop bra - discreet feeding.

Being colourful is a great distractor.

littleducks Tue 28-May-13 09:14:05

I'm only 20 weeks and just about to buy maternity stuff, the weather doesn't make it easy at all. One day I think that linen trousers and kaftans are the way to go then the next I'm looking at thick jumpers.

When I was a SAHM while pregnant I lived in maternity jeans, its trickier this time as I am working. Some of the things on the GAP website look nice but they aren't cheap.

Pinkflipflop Tue 28-May-13 09:19:16

No help at all but please don't be fed up with your maternity clothes!

Am sure you look at blooming and glowing and gorgeously pregnant!

I have a 4 month ds and miss my bump and maternity clothes and didnt appreciate it enough at the time!

grin

Pinkflipflop Tue 28-May-13 09:20:04

Oh and I lived in Boden maternity tunics (via eBay) and scarves

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now