Talk

Advanced search

Help! Going to my first proper festival - dress me!

(6 Posts)
Itchyandscratchy Tue 28-May-13 00:56:49

Isle of wight festival with one of my mates. She's booked us in to tangerine fields campsite so at least we'll have showers etc.

I was thinking either:

Leggings, long tops/tshirts, flat ankle boots
Or
Dresses & biker boots-type combos
And/or wellies of course.

I look like a cock in hats. So no hats then.
I don't want to look like a nana either though.

Inthebeginning Tue 28-May-13 09:13:31

Could you get some headbands (stretchy ones) made of flowers? I have a potato head so no hats but they look nice..
I think both types of outfits will look lovely, long scarves too for if you get chilly, you can wrap around you??
Layers so some slouchy jumpers that can go over dresses.

twirliedobbit Tue 28-May-13 13:43:31

Definitely lots of leggings and lots of socks- I change mine at least twice a day especially if it's cold and wet. If it is very wet, your best bet is bare legs (as long as not too cold) you can dry your skin but soggy clothes are just so uncomfortable.
DO NOT take jeans. They take up so much room -that could be used for cider- and are awful of wet.
Leggings and pretty dressed are my staple along with a couple of jumpers.
Oh and hats don't suit me either but I always wear one at a sunny festival. A silly hat is so preferable to sunstroke!
Mostly, don't worry too much, just be comfortable and enjoy yourself!!!!

PrincessOfChina Tue 28-May-13 13:48:46

My DP has a theory that next time we go to a festival he is wearing shorts, a t-shirt and his wellies and taking one spare pair of pants and his credit card.

I have a different outlook and usually plan outfits similar to this:

Dresses, wellies/flip-flops (depending on the weather) or shorts and floaty tops and wellies/flip-flops
Hat or scarf or hairband
Waterproof jacket

I also take some kind of big scarf which can be used to cover up, sit on or hide behind for an emergency wee.

OneLittleLady Tue 28-May-13 18:06:36

At least one large scarf and a pac a mac that you can chuck in your bag to put on in case the weather turns. Spare socks to sleep in as it gets really cold in a tent. Plenty of socks in general especially if it's wet. Dry shampoo and baby wipes are essential even if you have access to showers, the queues will be massive so you might not get in before you want to be somewhere else. Sunscreen is also a must, even if it's overcast because you're outside all day long, you need to protect your face and any exposed areas of skin. Some kind of hoody to wear if it's cold, cheap and cheerful is best as it will get battered. medium to large cross body bag or rucksack is your best bet so it can be kept close to your body, sadly there are thieves and pick pockets. DO NOT take anything you can't afford to lose, never leave anything but booze, clothes and sleeping equipment in your tent. You just can't be assured things will stay there until you get back. Not really fashion advice as such, anything goes at a festival, some people look immaculate, others look like they've never seen a shower! All good advice though, I have been to many festivals and have found all these things to be essential.

Itchyandscratchy Tue 28-May-13 19:38:57

That's brilliant - thank you!
Bought a onesie today as my mate said she was freezing overnight last year. (Oh the shame.) but I'm wearing it now blush

And I bought my dry shampoo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now