Talk

Advanced search

Can I wear trousers to a wedding?

(6 Posts)
karinmaria Mon 27-May-13 23:51:10

Hello all, long time lurker but first thread!
I am going to a wedding at one of those converted barn wedding venues in the Cotswolds next month. The couple are quite 'cool' and the invites weren't hugely formal.

Would I be able to wear trousers to the wedding? I'm not feeling very self confident at the moment as I gave birth a couple of months ago and weigh 10kgs more than usual. I'm 5'4" and must be a 12 or more likely a 14 with curves. Was thinking along the lines of tailored, peg leg trousers with a smart top and blazer. Obviously heels too and maybe a statement necklace.

What do you think? And if yes, can anyone recommend a good place to buy trousers for someone with a relatively big bum and thighs but smallish waist?

Thanks smile

exoticfruits Tue 28-May-13 06:48:23

Yes you can- lots of people do.

RobinBedRest Tue 28-May-13 06:51:43

Yes you can, no problem but dresses can be quite forgiving n the right style, no reason to rule them out.

Cyb Tue 28-May-13 06:56:29

I think that sounds nice

what Robin said

karinmaria Tue 28-May-13 07:12:27

Thank you for the reassurance! And I will still be looking at dresses - have seen those illusion panel dresses and might try those...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now