Talk

Advanced search

Wedding outfit - help and ideas!

(24 Posts)
floramckitchen Mon 27-May-13 18:31:03

I am going to my cousins wedding at the end of June and have no idea what to wear. Its going to be a formal church do followed by a hog roast and disco! So I am finding it hard to find an outfit that will suit both bits of the day (formal v casual). Any suggestions would be very helpful.
I am 46, 5ft 4ins, size 8-10, don't like my upper arms but quite happy with everything else.
TIA

MrsLettuce Mon 27-May-13 19:55:39

What's you colouring? Budget?

MrsLettuce Mon 27-May-13 19:57:45

Oh, sorry, yes, what's your usual sort of style?

floramckitchen Mon 27-May-13 20:00:36

I can spend up to about £100 and like quite fitted dresses. I have quite pale skin and brown/mouse hair.

thanks!

MrsLettuce Mon 27-May-13 20:31:57

100 for the whole outfit, right?

this is lovely. I can't decide if I prefer the cobalt or the navy TBH. Maybe with a fab wee hat and heels for the formal part and low wedges for the casual part? Sleeves is always going to be cooler, more comfortable and more stylish than keeping a cover up on at all times regardless.

MrsLettuce Mon 27-May-13 21:10:54

floral
red
does yellow suit you?
this is very nice

I still like the asos one best though and of course it wouldn't need two sets of accessories at all.

floramckitchen Mon 27-May-13 21:24:46

Thanks MrsLettuce - I like the red one but thought that red was a no-no for weddings! Really like it tho - and the floral one.

I will have to have a look in Zara.

Ooh that last Zara one is gorgeous, of OP is not norky. Could wear with bright wedges and clutch, or tan wedges and clutch maybe.

MrsLettuce Mon 27-May-13 21:28:15

Red is fine for weddings. No problem at all. If in doubt start a quick thread in chat.

MrsLettuce Mon 27-May-13 21:29:09

that's my favourite of the zara dresses too remus.

floramckitchen Mon 27-May-13 21:33:16

Hadn't looked at the last one! tis lovely but I would have to try it on with my 32e/f's !

Nope - it won't work then. I'm 32E and would look huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge in it. sad

MrsLettuce Mon 27-May-13 21:37:36

Oh hell, no, that'd be awful. All the zara dresses were high necked weren't they? Sorry! Assumed 8 to 10 meant wee boobs.

floramckitchen Mon 27-May-13 21:42:02

Don't want to look huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge !

floramckitchen Mon 27-May-13 21:43:19

Some high neck dresses look ok me but some just wont sit right across my chest .....

MrsLettuce Mon 27-May-13 21:52:39

Looking huuuuuuuuuuge is implausible at your size envy. Just a case of flattering nad less flattering, I'd say/

floramckitchen Mon 27-May-13 22:06:39

Its easy for me to look 'swamped' in some outfits - I can look like a kid playing dress up! I think less is more for me. I think plain colours are usually better than busy prints too.

MrsLettuce Mon 27-May-13 22:15:08

I still think the asos dress is Very Nice.

FairPhyllis Mon 27-May-13 22:30:38

Sleeves and a v neck seems to be hard to find atm.

Black floral
Mint floral
Green wrap
I love this
Jaeger
Cornflower
Has sleeves!
Biba
Great Plains

floramckitchen Mon 27-May-13 22:39:19

FairPhyllis - thankyou ! I love the black floral one but wonder if its too black for a wedding ?

MrsLettuce Mon 27-May-13 22:53:11

The black floral one is lovely. Most certainly fine for a wedding.

FairPhyllis Mon 27-May-13 23:07:12

I wouldn't go all black for a wedding. But black floral is imo a chic way of doing floral and perfectly ok for a wedding. I'd keep accessories non-black.

Yes, the black floral would be fine. Bright accessories or I love black and tan (but am a tan freak generally tbh). If you're tiny though, all that gathering stuff might swamp you somewhat.

I like the 40s feel to this but is it a bit casual?

floramckitchen Tue 28-May-13 18:55:15

I like that one Remus ! a good price too - I will have money left over to spend on some shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now