Talk

Advanced search

Grrr...my BBH went pop. What to replace it with?

(6 Posts)
CointreauVersial Sun 26-May-13 22:15:51

My Babyliss Big Hair started making strange spitting noises this morning, then died a spectacular death with a smell of burning plastic. It can't be more than two years old, and I was very happy with it. But I'm pretty sure I recall other people mentioning their BBHs didn't last long, so before I buy another, I was wondering if any fine-haired MNers have any other recommendations? Seeing as it was you lot who led me to the BBH in the first place.....

CointreauVersial Sun 26-May-13 23:12:09

Anyone??

HeyLuciani Mon 27-May-13 12:06:35

Me too - mine has just broken for the 4th time. sad Fed up with it breaking so will get a refund rather than replacement this time and look for something else instead.

alemci Mon 27-May-13 12:13:32

i had to take mine back. I think I had had it that length of time as well. Fortunately I bought it from Costco so it was refunded and I went and bought the smaller barrel one instead. It is good.

HazleNutt Mon 27-May-13 12:15:41

When my BBH broke, I bought a similar one from Rowenta that I actually prefer - it has softer bristles and comes already with 2 different size brushes. You need an UK adapter but those are not expensive:
www.amazon.de/Rowenta-CF-9220-Rotierende-Warmluftb%C3%BCrste/dp/B001FA07ZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369653263&sr=8-1&keywords=rowenta+lockenstab

CointreauVersial Mon 27-May-13 13:13:12

Thanks all. I've only just realised there is a smaller barrelled BBH, which might be better for me, as my hair is pretty short.

Annoying that mine is out of guarantee. I wonder if they build in a self-destruct, so you have to replace them?

This has to be a quick decision, as I can't possibly go to work tomorrow with frizzy, flat hair. <shallow>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now