Talk

Advanced search

wedding make -up n hair help!

(6 Posts)
BigBlockSingsong Sun 26-May-13 19:37:09

getting married but not sure what make up to have,
day to day is usually, browns bronzes,
Hair is fairly long past my bra band. hair is fine,

I have pale skin, blue eyes with amber flecks in them, dark brown hair with caramel highlights,
I have a longface , high forehead big nose, chubby face big mouth
have no idea how to flatter all that :/
Mn jury help please!

scottishmummy Sun 26-May-13 23:32:11

go to Clinique counter get free make over,see what suits

lotsofboats Mon 27-May-13 00:21:50

I am having similar problems- wedding next month :-) I have just come to the conclusion of keeping things as natural as possible - just emphasising eyes, checks and lips in a subtle natural way... I still want to look like me, only more groomed.
You have similar colouring as me, i have just discovered a lovely colour called tough as taupe from maybelline, although my eyes are possibly more grey than blue, it's a lovely flattering colour. I will be wearing that on my day as shadow and liner.
Benefit do lovely cheekbone highlighters, you can buy testers on eBay or blag at a counter.
YouTube has been really helpful. Bridal looks, and natural makeup - pixiewoo are really worth a look.
Sorry to waffle on.. Have fun with trying out some new looks x

scottishmummy Mon 27-May-13 00:36:40

work your way round dept store,the free makeovers
try products,get feel what suit you

OctopusPete8 Mon 27-May-13 09:32:50

I think I might thankyou, yeah youtube is the way to go so much choice though aha,

NomDeClavier Mon 27-May-13 09:37:28

Definitely go round the makeover counters.

Remember that bridal makeup is heavier than usual so you don't look washed out in photos so ask for some tips on emphasising cheekbones and eyes, then tone it down slightly on the day but get someone to take a quick photo before you finish so you can decide whether you need a bit more on, even if looking in the mirror you feel very 'made up'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now