Talk

Advanced search

Swimming costumes for tall girls

(5 Posts)
Kernowgal Sun 26-May-13 19:26:39

Tried a couple of cossies on in Debenhams yesterday for forthcoming holiday. The underwires sat a good 2" below the bottom of my boobs and looked utterly ridiculous. I am tallish (5'10) but my height is in my legs, not my torso. D'hams seemed to do a 'tall' version but only in the styles I didn't like or boring black.

Aside from Long Tall Sally, where is good for slightly longer swimsuits? I have never had a problem buying a cossie before so I am baffled by my D'hams experience. Will try M&S tomorrow but any suggestions v welcome.

Scruffey Sun 26-May-13 19:29:49

The fit of costumes of the same size and brand can really vary. I would suggest trying a lot on unfortunately. I have similar probs and do have one from long tall Sally but it was quite expensive and not great quality so I wouldn't really recommend anyway.

FadBook Sun 26-May-13 19:30:09

Next online, think Geri Halliwell's range is tall no idea why given she's about 5'3 grin

Debenhams online, I got one last year and it was deemed "tall". Wouldn't have known that they did tall.

Try Newlook (online too --do you see a theme?--)

www.tallgirls.co.uk have a range of expensive tall clothes, not sure if they do swimwear

Kernowgal Sun 26-May-13 19:36:22

Thanks both!

For normal non-holiday swimming I have an Adidas cossie and a Speedo cossie and both are absolutely fine, which makes me think Debenhams is the problem here. I'll try some other places tomorrow when I'm in town. I have a voucher for Next too, so that could be great (and Monsoon now I think about it).

jalopy Sun 26-May-13 20:54:41

Lands End do long body costumes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now