Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Me and Em

(11 Posts)
Orianne Sun 26-May-13 13:49:30

Please come and tell me about this company. I've just discovered them thanks to another thread damn you Style and Beauty and like a few dresses. My problem is I can't see any reviews and they are quite pricey. Would you recommend giving them a try? Are their products true to size? I like these two

Navy frill

maxi

ComradeJing Sun 26-May-13 14:23:48

I'm a fan. I have 2 dresses from them that must be 3 years old and they have lasted very well without bobbling. The only thing that is starting to look tatty is a drawstring. I've not exactly cared very well for them either.

Actually the ones I have look like the frill shift dress but with a drawstring under the boobs.

I'm an S with them and I think that's about a size 10-12.

GypsyFloss Sun 26-May-13 15:35:56

I have two small ( am an 8) dresses I love but have also tried and returned their maxi dresses , tshirt cut tops and a tulip dress as they just didn't fit me properly. My dresses were £39 in the sale last year...not sure I'd play full price but having said that they've had loads of use. Prompt delivery and very helpful staff on the phone.

Orianne Sun 26-May-13 15:43:54

Thanks am very tempted to order now and have received a 10% off voucher when I signed up for their emails. Does anyone know when their sale starts?

titan Sun 26-May-13 19:41:57

I am 5'7" and a size 12. I find their size medium dresses fit well. I also have the tulip skirt which might be a little big but maybe that's just the style! They are well made. Nice soft jersey. Similar to isabella oliver but much much better quality. I haven't got the two you linked to as i am fairly curvy adn don't think they would suit me. I can recommend the twist front bodycon dress as extremely flattering. Also the cap sleeved ruched dress and box pleat dress are lovely.

HappyAsEyeAm Sun 26-May-13 19:44:15

I bought the high neck swing dress after a s&b thread abut me and em last week. I m a size 10 in most shops, with a large bottom and thighs, and it is huge. The fabric is lovely, and it hangs beautifully, looks expensive too. I would order again, and I like the grecian dress, but I will size down. I placed my order on wednesday, with the cheapest delivery, and it arrived on friday via royal mail.

SoldeInvierno Sun 26-May-13 19:46:09

I am 5'5", size 10 and I buy M from them. I love the style and quality, but I have always bought in the sales

Francois Sun 26-May-13 20:08:07

I bought a navy dress this spring from them. Was £59 in the sales which is more than I would usually pay but I wanted something nice quality for work and am working towards a more quality vs quantity way of buying. I love it, will definitely buy from them again when sales come around. I'm 10-12 with a tummy and its ultra flattering. Got a medium.

mirpuppet Sun 26-May-13 20:35:33

I went to try on in store a year ago and was distinctly underwhelmed after all the buzz on here. Nice enough dresses; don't think I would pay full price.

Pinkflipflop Sun 26-May-13 20:42:50

The dresses look lovely!

Orianne Wed 29-May-13 07:35:37

Right, have taken the plunge and bought the frill dress. Am a 12-14 in dresses but website says size down so the 10-12 is winging its way here. Will report back smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now