Talk

Advanced search

Someone mentioned Fat Face as good for apple shapes...

(11 Posts)
JackieTheFart Sat 25-May-13 20:57:03

..and I just want to say thanks!

Have been in there all day (practically!) today, and have bought some trousers and a top. I was expecting it to be very teenagery and surf boardery, but actually, it's pretty tunics and trousers that are generous where I need them and - yay - not too long!

I have coveting a maxi dress as well as it looked so pretty on, didn't flash boob and was only £45. I think I am going to be buying more from them in the future.

Thumbs up from me!

TheOrchardKeeper Sat 25-May-13 21:03:06

Was that the stripey white & navy dress?

I'm an apple shape and caved and bought that. SO nice! smile

TheOrchardKeeper Sat 25-May-13 21:05:59

this

or

this

smile

Itchyandscratchy Sun 26-May-13 08:03:41

The maxis are lovely. But the other dresses on the site are far too short. If they were just a few inches longer I'd spend a fortune.

So probably a good thing really hmm

CeeceeBloomingdale Sun 26-May-13 08:11:56

Thanks for the tip. I don't normally look at fatface as not really my style but I'm sure its worth a look for basics.

JackieTheFart Sun 26-May-13 19:17:28

grin glad I could be of service! And yes it was the striped one.

fairlytiredtonight Sun 26-May-13 19:39:30

Absolutely love the green one. Are they true to size? Thank you for the tip re Fatface I will love any shop that embraces the apple shape grin

JackieTheFart Mon 27-May-13 21:35:05

I think so. The trousers I bought are a size 16, a smidge tight round the waist (i am hoping they relax a bit) but perfect on the legs. The 18 were just too big on the legs and looked really naff. The top is an 18, but the style means it can be pulled in a bit. It's a little big.

The nice thing about them, is that unlike other shops (New Look, I mean you) larger sizes are cut larger across the bust. I can't buy a vest top or non-sleeved anything from NL because a vast expanse of bra is always on show round by my arms. It's frustrating.

fairly, I originally went in with the intention of getting the green one, but actually, I think the striped one is much nicer on.

Actually, what's also nice is that at almost 5 ft 5, the trousers and dresses (the maxi ones) aren't outrageously long on me.

BlingLoving Tue 28-May-13 15:51:56

I'm a size 16 Apple. Do you think they would work for me? We have a large one near our town but I've never been in there.

JackieTheFart Tue 28-May-13 18:53:35

I'm a size 16 too Bling, so I would say yes!

Dawndonna Tue 28-May-13 20:29:00

I am currently an 18, but have been 14/16. I love fatface. There jeans are fabulous, last forever, wash like nothing on earth, don't stretch out of shape on first wear and are supremely comfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now