Talk

Advanced search

Oh, no! Clarins BB cream...

(6 Posts)
earwig1 Sat 25-May-13 15:56:34

I bought a tube of this in John Lewis last week, it looked nice on when I was there, department store, artificial lights...but when I tried it at home it was far too dark, even if I mix it with moisturizer it's too noticeable and orange. I suppose I cannot take it back as it's open... any suggestions?

YoniConnect Sat 25-May-13 15:59:16

I wouldn't think you can take it back - unless you were advised by one of the scary cosmetics ladies - in which case they may exchange as a goodwill gesture? (long shot)

At the risk of sounding completely ignorant, what is BB cream, and how does it differ from normal foundation?

earwig1 Sat 25-May-13 16:13:19

It's supposed to be between tinted moisturizer and foundation, and this one is a treatment too, apparently. I hate it... Lesson learned: never let oneself be persuaded by sales ladies at counters... get a sample and try at home...

LordEmsworth Sat 25-May-13 16:15:37

I'd take it back. Beauty counters tend to be willing to swap for another shade, several of them have told me if I don't get on with a product to take it back.

Ujjayi Sat 25-May-13 18:02:27

Yep if advised by make up counter assistant then definitely return. They have given you the wrong shade for regular daylight and IME are quite obliging with returns. I have often been advised to return any products which I don't get on with (Clarins, Chanel & Estee Lauder).

finlaysmum12 Sat 25-May-13 19:09:14

return it, clinique ladies are usually good at exchanging it for you if you took their advice at purchase time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now