Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

non-shiny hold ups for under summer dresses?

(10 Posts)
UseHerName Sat 25-May-13 11:27:46

does such a thing exist?

i don't want bare legs, but dont want to look like im wearing tights either

and need to keep the sweaty crotch at bay too grin

ToastedTeacakes Sat 25-May-13 11:32:28

did this spring from the leggings thread? grin

I found some decent matte ones in M&S last summer. Def worth checking in real life to get exact shade as the wrong one can destroy the effect!

ToastedTeacakes Sat 25-May-13 11:33:03

Flake also do matte versions, but pricier.

ToastedTeacakes Sat 25-May-13 11:33:27

sorry, Falke

UseHerName Sat 25-May-13 11:34:01

it did indeed toasted grin

ToastedTeacakes Sat 25-May-13 11:39:46

I do have this problem every damn year, yet the weather generally relieves me of making the decision! Just worry about waterproofs and you'll be ok!

Seriously though, I can never get it quite right, and tend to only dare to wear the tights or hold ups in evening as broad daylight makes my legs look prosthetic/mannequinesque in them. Very low denier black are ok for British summer, but I've got to the point where I just try to find knee length skirts and dresses and go bare with a smidgen of Dove glow.

mewkins Sat 25-May-13 18:22:35

I find a light sheen looks more natural than dead matte. I got some f&f sheen tights in tesco in natural tan and several people commented how nice and tanned my legs were and really didn't think I was wearing tights. Am sure they do hold ups in same range.

UseHerName Sat 25-May-13 22:38:59

aaahh you see, i was looking fot matt....

hmmm

mewkins Sat 25-May-13 23:09:56

Think they do the same in a matte option. But they may not look as natural as you'd expect. ..

BinksToEnlightenment Sun 26-May-13 14:48:23

I just use cheap foundation on my legs. Set it with powder. I always get compliments on my flawless legs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now