Talk

Advanced search

No 7 foundation - which to buy?

(7 Posts)
susiefen Sat 25-May-13 08:42:15

I had the matching thing done in Boots yesterday (I'm a warm ivory). The assistant gave me a sample of their Essentially Natural foundation and I think the colour is right, but I wasn't blown away by the effect - maybe I need a bit more coverage. Does anyone have any recommendations from their range? I've used MAC Mineralise before and liked that, if that's any help.
I don't want heavy coverage, but would like to be a bit more "finished" if you know what I mean?
By the way, I thought it was excellent to be given a sample to try at home and I wasn't put under any pressure to buy until I'd tried it out for myself - made a nice change from the terrifying make up counters!
Thanks

SorrelForbes Sat 25-May-13 09:34:12

I like the Lift and Luminate and also the Radiance one (I think that's the name!). L&L has more coverage. It's meant for maturer skins but I have friends in their 20s and 30s who love it. Coverage is about medium I'd say.

SunshinePanda Sat 25-May-13 13:12:25

I am currently using Protect and Perfect foundation. I find what makes the most difference to the application is using a foundation brush. Really surprised how much better it is when I use the brush. Mine is also no7, which I think I got as a 3 for 2 when buying foundation.

LadySlatternlysHoover Sat 25-May-13 13:20:33

I found Essentially Natural to be more of a tinted moisturiser than a foundation. It's lovely to use on "good skin" days but I need a bit more than that most days.

I use the Stay Perfect foundation in Calico (I am pale). It is not too heavy but stays good all day.

browneyedpixie Sun 26-May-13 08:18:39

stay perfect is good

acceptableinthe80s Sun 26-May-13 08:37:53

No.7 bb cream is very good. I've never not worn foundation until I bought this, am really impressed and haven't worn foundation since as it has good coverage and evens everything out.

SneezySnatcher Sun 26-May-13 12:53:33

I've got the beautifully matte (recommended on Make-Up Alley) and it's great. Long lasting, good coverage and a little goes a long way).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now