Talk

Advanced search

treatments for wrinkles on upper chest

(18 Posts)
queenofthepirates Fri 24-May-13 21:25:09

My upper chest (not the cleavage) is a bit lined and I feel self conscious at the grand old age of 38. Has anyone tried any treatments for this kind of thing? Laser treatment or chemical peel maybe?

pickledraisins Fri 24-May-13 21:33:07

It's caused by your boobs meeting in the middle when you sleep. The only thing that will stop it, I have found, is a nightbra http://www.nightbra.co.uk/

Looks a bit kinky but does the job, I hide it under pjs (if I'm not feeling kinky wink)

Creams might help the symptoms but the bra helps the cause

hedgefund Fri 24-May-13 21:37:34

oh blimey i need that night bra thing. does it undo years of wrinkles though?

SingingSilver Fri 24-May-13 23:08:16

I discovered something useful last year! I was trying to get in shape for a wedding and because of lack of funds I started following an old Jane Fonda workout I found on YouTube.

After a few weeks I tried on the dress I was planning to wear. One of my issues was that as a side sleeper with big boobs and dry skin (I'm 37), my cleavage lines can look very obvious and I needed to find a necklace to cover the area. When I looked down the lines were almost gone. It turns out the upper body part of the workout had been developing the muscle that sits under that lined area on my chest. (Another plus was that my round shoulders gained some definition.)

I kept up the exercise three times a week, and the fact that I have that muscle there (it doesn't look weird or over-developed, just toned) means I can sleep on my side and my cleavage can't really wrinkle anymore. It's worth trying, it wasn't even that much effort!

I can find you the YT video name if you like, but I'm sure anything with upper-body would work.

southeastastra Fri 24-May-13 23:14:12

blimey jane fonda workouts! yes please link that bit if you can singing

SingingSilver Fri 24-May-13 23:18:52

www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2lTkx1FXC0&list=PLSFzlqRaMqKymT2eVDSBNRmtOTIPBJCk9

Here is the link to the workout playlist in case you were interested, it's very 80s and retro! I thought I'd include it because it's low impact and the emphasis is on upper body so for your issue it could be worth trying.

The nightbra is something I will bookmark in case I ever stop working out! I tried to train myself to sleep on my back but I always wake up on my side..

SingingSilver Fri 24-May-13 23:24:28

I hope the link works for you, first time I've tried a clicky link. If that video is too much of an acquired taste any moves that work that area should make a difference quite quickly I think smile

SingingSilver Fri 24-May-13 23:36:24

Oh, one more thing - if you give that workout a go (I found it really easy on laptop fullscreen, the playlist changes to the next segment for you) be warned it has some of the funniest moves ever - 'chicken arms', and 'the refrain' which looks like a demented hoedown! I'd recommend not doing it in front of an audience unless you want to give them a good laugh!

Downfall Sat 25-May-13 08:55:18

Best link ever on S&B singing grin. I'm going to try that low impact aerobic upper body class. Exercises look quite similar to the stretches my physio recommended for poor neck and shoulder posture. But jane in her sparkly leotard and mad looking gang are much more fun than a photocopied sheet! Thanks.

tvstand Sat 25-May-13 10:58:49

you need this from Avon

I'm an FF cup it got rid of the crease completely!! It disappeared from the website for a while and I panic bought 4 bottles from ebay! It's back now so can pass on the joy!

SingingSilver Sat 25-May-13 15:34:37

Thanks downfall! I'm sorry i couldn't find a better quality vid, but you get used to the crappy visuals. If you get near the end you'll get to dance the Charleston as a reward, that's the best bit grin

Nehru Sat 25-May-13 17:37:00

NO NO that is the weirdest thing

Downfall Sat 25-May-13 21:28:39

What's the weirdest thing, Nehru? Fonda, Avon, or the nightbra? wink

CaptainJamesTKirk Sat 25-May-13 21:31:43

You need this. It's an excellent product, bit pricey but it lasts.

MohammedLover Sun 26-May-13 23:08:12

One of the cheapest products I've used is water. Drink loads and watch those lines slip away! Unless it was a really heavy night of course smile

Nehru Mon 27-May-13 07:10:39

I don't think water can get rid of wrinkles
Otherwise none of is would have them. Any excess water is pissed out anyway

Cyb Mon 27-May-13 07:11:54

Sleep on your back every night.

Cyb Mon 27-May-13 07:13:03

Clothes pegs on your pyjama arms are conducive to back sleeping

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now