Talk

Advanced search

Tights and open toed sandals

(15 Posts)
EldonAve Fri 24-May-13 20:16:49

I'm sure it's been done before but I'm still confused as to why it's okay now

Dark tights in the winter and now nude in the summer not winter with open toed shoes

I remember when only grannies did this

Do you do this? Do you think it looks ok?

ZZZenagain Fri 24-May-13 20:17:44

no, I would never do that

sittinginthesun Fri 24-May-13 20:21:16

No no no!

I have one pair of open toe shoes that look great with black opaques, but never with nude. Just wrong.

pickledparsnip Fri 24-May-13 20:24:58

Brightly coloured tights can look fab with sandals, but I don't think I'd do it with nudes.

SundaySimmons Fri 24-May-13 20:26:32

Marks & Spencer's sell tights with open toes so you can wear with open toe sandals.

SundaySimmons Fri 24-May-13 20:27:20

www.marksandspencer.com/Autograph-Cooling-Ladder-Resist-Tights/dp/B0037GO172

JaxTellerIsAllMine Fri 24-May-13 20:30:26

just no. It is never ok, unless you have the open toe ones and even then it is a bit bizarre.

Madamecastafiore Fri 24-May-13 20:33:11

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and no again. Not even toeless tights or coloured ones. Well unless you don't have your own teeth, hair and are wearing a moth eaten rabbit fur jacket with a lambert and butler hanging out your jowls!!!!

MadBusLady Fri 24-May-13 22:11:58

Oh, honestly, it's fine as long as they are very, very sheer and your nail polish is very bright to show through. I tried the open-toed ones but they absolutely kill after 5 minutes, they ride up under the ball of the foot and slice your big toe off.

Gingefringe Sat 25-May-13 00:16:44

The M&S ones have very good reviews but they do look as though they could be uncomfortable around the toes. Worth a try though i suppose.

JaxTellerIsAllMine Sat 25-May-13 10:21:39

wonders how madame knows exactly what I look like...

grin

scarlet76 Sat 25-May-13 10:33:34

No no no to nudes of any variety.
I have some wedge peeptoes that I wear with opaques.

TalcAndTurnips Sat 25-May-13 10:34:35

Those M&S ones are a hit with the bank robbing community, apparently - the cooling finish (and extra ventilation!) is a godsend in what can be a sweaty situation.

_______
| HSBC |
| - | - || < rrrrrrrrrringggg
| - | - ||
| - | - || ° . ` .
| - | - || . ° ,' . ~ ~ ) ) ) \grin/

Lucylloyd13 Sat 25-May-13 17:02:15

I may be getting this wrong.

I would never wear tights with strappy sandals, but with peep toe courts, if the tights are sheer and nude, there is no toe seam visible, and I am wearing bright nail polish, they look fine, and at a glance it would not be apparanet whether I was wearing hosiery anyway.

tanfastic Sat 25-May-13 17:03:56

No I would never do this, some might be able to pull it off but I'd feel like my granny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now