Talk

Advanced search

What shall I do with my hair? It's so boring

(15 Posts)
LadyVoldemort Fri 24-May-13 16:50:17

I've had the same long brown hairstyle for years, getting bored of it now but no idea what to do.

me here's a recent picture but my hair has grown a few inches longer now. It's very thick, naturally blond but I think there's some build up of hair dye.

Ay ideas?

MadBusLady Fri 24-May-13 17:39:59

You're purty! Do you not fancy just going back to blonde? I think I'd do long blonde hair if I had the chance. You have quite delicate features so I think you could take a shorter cut if you wanted. I have a friend with quite similar facial features and she has shortish blonde hair, with layers sometimes around the chin and sometimes bra-strap and it looks lovely (though she has quite thin hair). Eg a bit like Reece Witherspoon when her hair is shorter.

Parisisalwaysagoodidea Fri 24-May-13 17:49:35

No idea about colour but I have recently had my looong hair chopped to mid length. It's still long enough to be versatile but avoids the long face look you can sometimes get with long hair. Mid length suits all face shapes too

mid length inspiration

My hair now looks a lot like this sadly, my face does not

Let us know what you decide!

NickECave Fri 24-May-13 17:54:15

I have a similar face shape to you and I find that mid length hair suits me better than really long. At the moment I have it just touching my shoulders with lots of layers through the bottom and I really like it. I've tried most styles from waist length to pixie crop via a graduated bob but I think length suits me best.

ivanapoo Fri 24-May-13 18:47:08

YY to mid length/shoulder skimming. Don't do hideous "face framing" layers/feathering round the front though. Palermo has the right idea.

QueenCadbury Fri 24-May-13 21:08:15

I'd go shorter and maybe add a fringe?

Eliza22 Sat 25-May-13 20:07:07

There's no way, in this pic, that you look blonde. I think that's the "problem". Your hair looks pretty much one length and one colour. No light & shade, no movement.

I'd try to get back to your own hair colour and have some layering to prevent the long hair/long face look.

Lovely pic though! You're a pretty girl and and have youth on your side so, be bold! smile

mamayaya Sun 26-May-13 06:35:09

Dip dye! I did this yesterday as was similarly bored with long blonde hair, had same style for years give or take the odd change in layers or highlight colour. I now have reddy brown hair with blonde ends. I love it. Have a look at this: www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/beauty-and-hair/celebrity/hair/2010/09/celebrity-two-tone-hair

Chippychop Sun 26-May-13 06:52:51

Go back to your natural
Colour of blonde and have it a bit shorter - most below your shoulders,

HoneyDragon Sun 26-May-13 07:07:18

Mines long. I put in a fringe and love it. I also dip dyed it, sometimes I add pink or purple to the bleach.

Have to say the fringe made a difference. Looks better when I put my hair up now.

lookingbusy Sun 26-May-13 07:31:32

I have long straight hair. I recently got the Babyliss Perfect Curl and curl just the bottom section in big loose wavy curls. I feel a tiny bit glamorous for about the first time in my life smile

awaywego1 Sun 26-May-13 10:16:05

I'm going against the grain to say stay brown-it really suits you! but you are gorgeous anyway you could maybe go for shoulder length with a heavy fringe and some different tones if you wanted a change. grin

dopeysheep Sun 26-May-13 15:53:56

I think you look a bit like Kate Beckinsale.
Were you hunting werewolves up on the moor?

BrokenBanana Sun 26-May-13 17:21:06

Hiya, I'm the OP but had to NC and can't get my old name back!
Thanks for the advice, I do feel like its just a block of colour but I don't know how to change that without growing the dye out?
I'm tempted to go for shoulder length, maybe like a long bob. I can't imagine being blonde again,haven't been that for years and years! Plus I think I might be a bit too pale for it.

So does anyone know how I get rid of the blocky colour and get some tone in there?

And thanks dopeysheep, you've made my day! grin

Eliza22 Sun 26-May-13 21:37:17

Visit a good hairdresser who will add highlights/lowlights and layers to the length you want. I'd say, keep the length, but with 'movement'. It'll look lovely but, no home dye jobs.... You need a professional

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now