Talk

Advanced search

Nail Lovers Unite and let's talk colours!

(18 Posts)
LollipopViolet Fri 24-May-13 16:00:44

So, I LOVE taking care of my nails and painting them etc. It's become a bit of a habit, always used to have acrylics and nail art, but now have natural nails that are a nice length for painting.

At the moment, I'm rocking Sinful Colours I Miss You, which is a purple glittery affair. I've teamed that with Sally Hansen's Double Duty Base and Top Coat, and it seems to be holding up alright.

So, come on MN, let's talk nails smile

JaxTellerIsAllMine Fri 24-May-13 16:16:52

At the moment I am wearing Glamourous by Jessica a sort of pinky red colour, It is the Geleration range,lasts weeks, doesnt chip and stops my nails breaking inbetween and doesnt harm your nails like bio or other gel nails. Also much better imho than Shellac.

Lizzylou Fri 24-May-13 16:20:56

I have OPI's "Over the Taupe" on with Sech Vite on top.
Just gone back to Seche Vite after using Nails Inc Kensington Caviar.

That is not relevant or even noteworthy, just sort of spilled out of my head grin

LulaPalooza Fri 24-May-13 17:41:55

I bought the OPI Bond Girls liquid sand collection this week.

it is AWESOME!

starjules Fri 24-May-13 20:37:48

Just bought the Barry M Gelly ones and they are bloody awful they just peel off after about an hour. So redoing them tonight with opi number one nemisis and Nexus Lumos topcoat. Use to use seche vite, but this one is loads better and IMO dries quicker. Just done a huge purge of polish and testing for dupes. Only about a quarter through and already got over 20 full ones to give away. I am a self confessed polishaholic.

SundaySimmons Fri 24-May-13 20:38:06

I'm wearing OPI step right up over gel nails. It's a lovely milky white colour, quite unusual and I've had a lot of nice comments about it.

LollipopViolet Fri 24-May-13 20:41:04

I keep seeing about OPI polishes. Where can I get them, and are they any good?

I love all colours too, although purples and pinks are my absolute favourites.

When my nails grow a bit more, I'm going to try and do an ombre style with two colours I think smile

starjules Fri 24-May-13 20:45:57

OPi are lovely Lillipop, I get most of mine from the states, I get a load in one go so its cheaper or if I cant wait I get them from Ebay. My local salon has opi for their mani and pedis so I can try lots there and decide what I want. The OPI glitters are the best ever. John Lewis sell some but they are full price in there so anywhere between £9-£12. Also ASOS stock them and quite often a good price.

starjules Fri 24-May-13 20:52:12

Lillipop?? Sorry meant Lollipop..

QueenCadbury Fri 24-May-13 21:03:53

I'm just doing rimmel Funtime fuchsia.

Allthingspretty Sat 25-May-13 10:01:42

Nail polish dupe Pintrest m.pinterest.com/inspirationail/nail-polish-dupes/

GobblersKnob Sat 25-May-13 10:36:22

Nail Polish Direct is excellent for money saving polish, they have a lot of OPI

NPDSPRING10 gives 10% off too.

Am currently wearing China glaze 'Running Away' on my fingers, bright glass fleck grass green.

And China Glaze 'Water You Waiting For' on my toes, blue multi glitter.

Really rate China Glaze, very good polishes, will last about a week on me with no chipping.

Also A England make some amazing polishes, the colours are not easy to see on the website, but you can google swatches, like the Legends collection here.

FauxFox Sat 25-May-13 10:38:17

I am wearing TopShop 'Celestial' which is a perfect sky blue. Impulse purchase in the week and my new fav grin Am resisting the temptation to get some yellow and white polish to paint a tiny sun and some mini clouds on too grin

Ujjayi Sat 25-May-13 18:07:34

Gobblers - I love China Glaze polishes too. My favourite is "High Maintenance" - a great pinky-red.

Currently sporting remainder of Rimmel's "Double Decker Red" (it's been a busy week and I haven't had time to mani this week yet). I am hoping today's sunny weather will last because I really want to paint my nails with L'Oreal's "Lush Tangerine". The perfect shade of orange - not remotely neon, it resembles an orange ice lolly smile

Perfect summer pink has to be Essie's Madison Ave Hue.

CaptainJamesTKirk Sat 25-May-13 18:17:07

Most favourite colours ever are OPI Jade is the new black and Butter London Marrow! I can't wear nail varnish to work sad so I get my nail fix on weekends only.

SundaySimmons Sat 25-May-13 19:13:05

Captainjamestkirk, I love the jade is the new black but not on me! It's gorgeous though.

Have you tried opi thanks a windmillion, I can wear that as its a bit more subdued!

CaptainJamesTKirk Sat 25-May-13 21:06:12

I've not tried windmillion... I'm quite pale and seem to suit bold colours but I'll definitely have a look.

applecrumbleandcream Sat 25-May-13 22:07:55

I'm currently wearing 2 coats of Essie's In the Cab Ana with Lloreal top coat confetti and Seche Vite top coat over that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now