Talk

Advanced search

Best premium brand jeans for hourglass figure

(17 Posts)
Repunsal Fri 24-May-13 14:55:00

Hi all,
Just wanted to ask the jeans experts which brands are best for hourglass shapes.
I am 5'7 and a size 10 and would like to purchase a really good quality pair. I have been leaning towards Seven and NYDJ.
I am looking for either boot cut or straight with a mid to high rise in a uniform indigo wash.
Would love to hear any recommendations from fellow hourglass ladies!

LifeSavedbyLego Fri 24-May-13 15:13:14

Definately recommend NYDJ boot cut. Comfy and fit. Both waist and hips, frankly a miracle.

CaptainWentworth Fri 24-May-13 15:57:52

I have 2 pairs of Hudson bootcuts which fit very well on my hourglass-ish size 12 figure. They sit quite low on the hips though. Their Elm wash is the perfect colour for jeans IMO. Their 'Beth' baby bootcuts and skinnies look good too. Expensive but can be found discounted online - I found a random pair in the sales in John Lewis but not sure they stock them any more.

Rooble Fri 24-May-13 16:00:43

Levi's bold curve ID jeans look brilliant. They definitely have straight, not sure about bootcut. Available in John Lewis, but I think better to buy/try on 1st pair in a Levi's shop as they have the full range there

HandMini Fri 24-May-13 16:01:03

I have massive hips. Have found J Brand good fior every day bdark blue jeans and Current/Elliot if you want to wear something tight/bright/funky.

TattyDevine Fri 24-May-13 16:13:01

If you are able to go to Brit Smith Start's shop (Start London?) she does a jean matching service, apparently she just looks at you and leads you to the perfect jeans. She does all the premium brands.

TattyDevine Fri 24-May-13 16:14:22

Brix, even.

ooh look her website has a quiz!

Trill Fri 24-May-13 16:20:01

I don't think "hourglass" is sufficient info really. Jeans in particular are something that I believe nobody can really recommend.

You've told us that your waist is small compared to your hips, but not whether you have a long waist (tummy button to crotch length) or where your widest part is (it's probably not your actual hips but somewhere high up on your thighs).

Annianni Fri 24-May-13 16:22:53

I'm an hourglass, and I wear Hudson jeans. I've got Beth's, gia's, hilda's and Bacara's.
Hudson are very generous size wise though.

Goldsign are good too. I have frontier's and diva's in them.

Annianni Fri 24-May-13 16:25:10

Tilda not hilda!
Bloody autocorrect thingies...

dexter73 Fri 24-May-13 17:46:52

I would recommend Levis curve id too.

Bunbaker Fri 24-May-13 18:53:22

I find Levi's sit too low and are quite low rise on me.

dexter73 Fri 24-May-13 20:37:23

My Levis nearly come up to my belly button!

WillPenn Fri 24-May-13 21:21:25

I would go to to the Donna Ida website. This is their denim clinic and they have a better selection than the Start website, which recommended me a bootcut jean when I said I didn't want one!

Repunsal Sat 25-May-13 09:12:00

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone.

Trill I am confused now just wanted some jeans!! Who knew finding the perfect jeans was such a science. I suppose the best thing to do is try loads on and take it from there.

LadyIsabellaWrotham Sat 25-May-13 09:35:23

I swear by my Levi's curve (TK MAXX's finest).

But I now want to go straight to east London THIS MINUTE and ask Brix for her advice <tragic 80s indie kid>. Mind you, if her taste in jeans is anything like her taste in men we may not see eye to eye.

AmberNectarine Sat 25-May-13 10:21:25

God I love Brix!

I am an hourglass and swear by Goldsign Virtual high rise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now