Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Aldi concealer pen novice

(11 Posts)
JetcatisBack Fri 24-May-13 13:25:35

Ok, so total make up novice really, but having just been to get colour matched for foundation at Boots, I figured I should also attempt to hide the massive bags under my eyes - and having seen it recommended I bought the Aldi concealer pen.

However. And I cant believe I am actually going to admit this, I cant figure out how it works - please remember - total make up novice. I take the lid of, there is a brush. A 'clicky bit' at the top a bit like a pen - which I am assuming is also important. A few hundred clicks have resulted in nothingblush

What am I doing wrong? <thick>

BunnyLebowski Fri 24-May-13 13:27:31

I'm holding one right now and you definitely push the black base in to release the concealer.

If that's not working then I can only guess it's faulty?

derektheladyhamster Fri 24-May-13 13:27:55

You click the end and the concealer comes out of the brush. It does take a few clicks to work the first time. Brush the pen on the back of your hand and it should work.

JetcatisBack Fri 24-May-13 13:34:54

blush blush blush

thanks thanks

derektheladyhamster Fri 24-May-13 13:36:19

Glad it works, I bought their bb cream yesterday, so far so good. Other brands bring me out in spots, so I'll see how this one goes.

JetcatisBack Fri 24-May-13 13:40:23

Thanks Derek, I must say I am very impressed with the colour matched foundation - I have quite dry skin and this seems to have covered ok. Plus, having spent a fortune on the wrong shade foundations over the years, I am really going for a change of image.

Good luck with the bb cream, hope it works with no spots smile

Quenelle Fri 24-May-13 13:52:00

I had exactly the same issue last Sunday with my first Aldi concealer pen.

Have you tried clicking insanely for about ten minutes, then giving up and asking your DH to have a look? He will click it once and concealer will instantly ooze from the end, making you look like a useless plonker.

That's what worked for me on Sunday anyway.

Wiggy29 Fri 24-May-13 17:36:16

I have one and, for some reason, instead of clicking, I have to push end down and hold it down to get any out. Go figure. hmm

chipsahoy Fri 24-May-13 17:44:24

Enjoy it while you can! Aldi are discontinuing all their make up range. I'm gutted, I love the concealer, they have also discontinued their shimmering day cream. I actually emailed them to ask what was happening and that's when they emailed back to say it was discontinued and the makeup is too!

derektheladyhamster Fri 24-May-13 18:11:25

Nooooo. I'll have to stock up next time I'm in. What about their skincare range?

chipsahoy Fri 24-May-13 18:26:50

That's supposed to be staying, though the Shimmering Day cream has gone sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now