Talk

Advanced search

If you have a graduated bob and your hair is highlighted...

(5 Posts)
OhThisIsJustGrape Fri 24-May-13 13:24:34

Can I ask a question?

What happens with the really short bit at the nape of your neck? Do you have that part highlighted or is it too short? Does it end up all speckled?

I'm having my hair lightened tomorrow - long process, have been home dying it for a few years and its really dark and I no longer like it and as I have quite a bit of grey I've decided to go lighter all over which I will follow up with a full head of highlights next month. Highlights will be foils though not cap so not sure how they'll highlight the really short parts of that cut.

Hairdresser warned me that I will need quite a bit cut off my hair as its not in the best condition and the colour stripping process won't help my ends.

Hair is currently just below shoulders so I'm thinking of getting a graduated bob. Have had one many times before but I've always been dark.

Any ideas? Thanks smile

5318008 Fri 24-May-13 13:29:08

Short bit is coloured in base colour, in my case choc brown. I have seen speckles, look pretty amateur, as if Sharon across the road done it after work. Iyswim.

OhThisIsJustGrape Fri 24-May-13 13:32:22

Yes, that's what I'm very scared of! It's that awful 80's look iykwim, definitely not what I want!

Am going to vair posh hairdressers as its such a big job (5hr appt booked for tomorrow eeek!) so hopefully will look professional...

5318008 Fri 24-May-13 13:42:05

Ah you'll be in v safe hands, nae bother yourself, it'll be smashing.

scarlet76 Fri 24-May-13 14:04:06

I have a graduated bob. I naturally have dark brown hair. I have a lot of greys a long my parting and around my temples but not so many in the under sections of my hair. Therefore I have highlights in a smilar shade to my natural colour and a caramel shade. My hairdresser always says a half head t avoid the speckled look. If you are going somewhere reputable they will know what to do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now